Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from the Midwest

SoDak1

Hi everyone, I've been a guest on the forum for about 10?ish years but never joined, decided that needed to change. 

I'm a 90s kid, grew up making brush stroked enamel mockery of some of the great amt/ertl kits of the era not realizing how great some of them actually were (my LHS didn't stock revell kits very often for some reason).

Anyway the hobby died down around middle school and vanished until I went to college. Started having panic attacks and generally depressed. I figured out I wasn't occupying myself with projects and creative things like I would back home, but what can a guy do in a dorm for little money? Model cars!

Got back in swing of building kits and the planets aligned for me again. I built some decent models, got a couple trophies from some small local shows. Then, I met this girl and well you know, the hobby started dying down again.

Fast forward 7 years to this summer and maybe 3 completed kits in all, and that same girl who was now engaged to me suddenly passed away. Well, when sadness and angst come around I know the cure for my restless mind, model cars

So I'm building again and it keeps me hanging on looking forward to the next day. I want to thank everyone on this forum for the inspiration to be a better builder and all the great tips I've learned over the years. Hope to make some new friends and very excited to participate in this years cannonball run (I love vans!)

I'm gonna try a test picture of one of my favorite things in the world I own. It's an advertisement for the now lindberg/mpc little red wagon kit. I guess you could consider it advanced if they are referring to all the work needed to get good fitment!

If anyone else has ever seen one of these posters I would love to know!

20181220_184417.thumb.jpg.dfdafd3807ada425d8f47059de8aaa6c.jpg

On 12/20/2018 at 7:53 PM, SoDak1 said:

If anyone else has ever seen one of these posters I would love to know!

20181220_184417.thumb.jpg.dfdafd3807ada425d8f47059de8aaa6c.jpg

Never saw a poster but did see the truck in real life. It was great back in the day when you could stand around a car/truck close in the pits and take pictures, even put your hands on it if you were lucky.

By the way, Welcome. :)

Edited by R.D.F.

• 3 weeks later...

welcome aboard.

Models can be a huge help in taking our minds off the daily grinds of life and its associated issues.

Chin up, there is always light at the end of the tunnel,,,,it just has a magnifier built in it now LOL

ps, in regards to the IMC Little red Wagon poster. I honestly cant say if Ive ever seen one before or not.

Edited by gtx6970

Welcome to the board, Jeffery. I am glad to have you here with us. Sorry about the circumstances. Looking forward to seeing you around here and your builds. I, too, got into building due to anxiety and the need to occupy my time with something. 

Great to have you here!

P.S.-- that is the coolest print I have ever seen!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 10:08 PM, Rusty92 said:

Welcome to the board, Jeffery. I am glad to have you here with us. Sorry about the circumstances. Looking forward to seeing you around here and your builds. I, too, got into building due to anxiety and the need to occupy my time with something. 

Great to have you here!

P.S.-- that is the coolest print I have ever seen!

That is good to hear I'm not alone!