Model Cars Magazine Forum

1993 Dodge Viper

MrObsessive

Another one I built circa 1993. This Viper is one of two I built during the '90's-----the other one was the coupe which came out around 1994 or so. I don't know what happened to that one as several moves since then has lost a couple models :lol:

This one was really ratty too, but an hour or so cleanup and reattaching some broken off parts, she's ready to show. One gripe I've always had with these series of kits is the hoods never fit right no matter what you do!

Anyway, it's sitting quietly on display now where it won't get lost again. :lol:

Here she is 15 years later........:lol:

P8232606-vi.jpg

P8232608-vi.jpg

P8232609-vi.jpg

P8232610-vi.jpg

P8232611-vi.jpg

P8232612-vi.jpg

P8232616-vi.jpg

P8232617-vi.jpg

P8232618-vi.jpg

P8232592-vi.jpg

................And I still can't find my '62 Dodge Lancer! :P

That's one clean build. Maybe you weren't into all the "bells and whistles" yet back then, but you obviously had the basics down cold. A little heavy-handed with the panel lines on the body and dash, but otherwise a very impressive job. I wish I could lay down a finish that well!

Edited by harrypri

Yeah that was in my "India Ink" days! :P

The paint believe it or not was just plain 'ol Model Master Red, airbrushed through a Badger 150. Thinned out with probably their thinner, and waited for what seemed like an eternity to dry, as this was long before I knew about a dehydrator. I do remember rubbing it out with Meguiar's Car Cleaner Wax even then.

IIRC, I built this during the summer of '93 so besides the air conditioner in my apartment at the time all I could do was wait! :blink:

Come on Bill, we all know that's not yours, I don't see the windows cranking down, the doors opening or the plumbing and wiring obsessively done!!! Look, if you want to accumulate points at the CPMCC meetings, all you have to do is what I usually do, buy the "high-ups" some models on the side!!! :P:blink: