Model Cars Magazine Forum

Over The Creek.

QbanFam

Yordan..... you seem to know about all sorts of products and materials, many of which I have never heard of. To my surprise, Mod Podge is actually available here in the UK, and is on the shelves of my local Hobbycraft super store, which is only 10 miles away from where I live!

I might have a use for this Mod Podge product and it does sound like it is easy to use from what you say.

David

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Yordan..... you seem to know about all sorts of products and materials, many of which I have never heard of. To my surprise, Mod Podge is actually available here in the UK, and is on the shelves of my local Hobbycraft super store, which is only 10 miles away from where I live!

I might have a use for this Mod Podge product and it does sound like it is easy to use from what you say.

David

Certainly. Mod Podge has many uses. You can always order online if you can’t find it. The glossy type can be used to middle wet ground and mud due to the glossy look. It is also used for glueing. You can get the matte finish one to use as glue over a surface like dirt (example: if you wanna glue some grass tufts on a terrain you don’t want that sheen on the grass fibers because it doesn’t look too realistic). With your modeling skills, I’m sure you can do more amazing things than what you already do once you get a hold of these products. 

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at a Hobby Lobby store today for the leaf shaped punches you used for your fallen leaves and the only ones they offer produce a 1" long leaf. That would be 25" in scale so those are not feasible for 1/25 scale use. What brand of punch did you use or where did you find it?

4 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Thanks, they do indeed have them listed more by the scale than by the size. Do you know what scale punch size you have or better yet what size leaf does it produce?

Hi Tom. This is the leaf puncher I used (the yellow puncher).It resembles white oak leaves, which range from 5 to 6 inches in size. I added two screenshots of another brand, which I’m ordering soon, which has a variety of leaves. They come in different scale sizes.

101EAD0F-D315-4D4D-80AF-944A5F621023.jpeg

A03C0776-975A-4E8B-9725-4A29CCD8F095.jpeg

DF1D8AE5-676E-4E9F-9986-B554E521EAA7.jpeg

1617CF7A-262E-4468-AA27-0ABE9B6395AF.png

0FBE28BE-2DDD-4367-80B9-8C9C7B8C36C2.png

Edited by QbanFam

Yordan, This little diorama is absolutely stunning. You have managaged to duplicate, in miniature, what I struggled with for years in the 1/4" model railroad genre. One of the reasons that I left that hobby. I built a 1:25 scale garage diorama that took amost a year. It's burried somewhere in this forum. So when I sold all of my railroad kits, and such. My wife was a bit disapointed and said, "What are you doing". I pointed out how long it took to do the garage, and that to finish a room sized layout would take an extra lifetime. Plus I'm not bad on duplicating what man has created, but to re-create what God has created...not so much!

You've done a fantastic job! And thanks for giving me some info. I've already gone over to the "Green Stuff" web-site. Love those leaves!

1 hour ago, Grumpa said:

Yordan, This little diorama is absolutely stunning. You have managaged to duplicate, in miniature, what I struggled with for years in the 1/4" model railroad genre. One of the reasons that I left that hobby. I built a 1:25 scale garage diorama that took amost a year. It's burried somewhere in this forum. So when I sold all of my railroad kits, and such. My wife was a bit disapointed and said, "What are you doing". I pointed out how long it took to do the garage, and that to finish a room sized layout would take an extra lifetime. Plus I'm not bad on duplicating what man has created, but to re-create what God has created...not so much!

You've done a fantastic job! And thanks for giving me some info. I've already gone over to the "Green Stuff" web-site. Love those leaves!

Tank you very much, Mark. I have struggled as well with the practice. I also started with an HO scale model layout, which all I did to it was the tracks and the hills. I got frustrated because I didn’t know how to proceed, so I dumped everything. That was a about three years ago. I was still attracted to the hobby, so I continue reading and watching online tutorials, until I decided to start with small projects a few months ago (dioramas). I’m still having a hard time calibrating my eyes to small scale. If you have questions on the techniques I use I’ll be glad to help (keep in my I’m still a newbie). 

• 4 months later...

Yordan, I'm sure I speak for many when I say I've been waiting a long time for an update. I love this build. The attention to detail and your innovative ways are truly inspiring. If I may offer a suggestion. The human element needs to be represented. Subtle hints would be best. A rusty no hunting sign with barbed wire, a broken bottle, or something of this nature could only enhance an already impressive diorama. So I beg, please give us an update.

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:50 PM, Chuckyg1 said:

Yordan, I'm sure I speak for many when I say I've been waiting a long time for an update. I love this build. The attention to detail and your innovative ways are truly inspiring. If I may offer a suggestion. The human element needs to be represented. Subtle hints would be best. A rusty no hunting sign with barbed wire, a broken bottle, or something of this nature could only enhance an already impressive diorama. So I beg, please give us an update.

It’s been a while since I have been busy with family stuff. My kids are growing and demanding more attention on extra activities. I will be updating soon. Thank you for dropping some text on the matter.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, QbanFam said:

Hi Tom. This is the leaf puncher I used (the yellow puncher).It resembles white oak leaves, which range from 5 to 6 inches in size. I added two screenshots of another brand, which I’m ordering soon, which has a variety of leaves. They come in different scale sizes.

101EAD0F-D315-4D4D-80AF-944A5F621023.jpeg

A03C0776-975A-4E8B-9725-4A29CCD8F095.jpeg

DF1D8AE5-676E-4E9F-9986-B554E521EAA7.jpeg

1617CF7A-262E-4468-AA27-0ABE9B6395AF.png

0FBE28BE-2DDD-4367-80B9-8C9C7B8C36C2.png

Yea I bought this same Green stuff leaf puncher.Its great for, well making leaves.?