Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Dyno Don Nicholson's Mercury Cyclone Eliminator II Funny Car

Casey

1 hour ago, tim boyd said:

Scott....just in case you didn't know.....check this '67 Comet 202 from Motor City Resin....I still plan to build this one with the 427 Wedge from the AMT-Ertl 1966 Fairlane 427 kit, which supposedly was factory ordered in 1967 by a few very savvy 1/1 scale racers.....TIM  

DSC 0300

I remember in 1967 my parents owned, as a side business, a women's hair salon. One of the girls who worked there bought one of these, her very first new car, and was so pleased and proud that she had to drive it over and show it to my Mom. 202 2-door sedan, in burgundy, I don't remember interior color but it might have been some kind of tan. I'm sure it had a 6 and might well have been the cheapest (no options) car that Mercury built or sold that year, but she was so happy with it!  If/when I ever get a '67 Cyclone built, it will be burgundy in tribute to that memory. B)

7 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Scott....just in case you didn't know.....check this '67 Comet 202 from Motor City Resin....I still plan to build this one with the 427 Wedge from the AMT-Ertl 1966 Fairlane 427 kit, which supposedly was factory ordered in 1967 by a few very savvy 1/1 scale racers.....TIM  

DSC 0300

Thanks for tipping me off on this one Tim. I did not know about it. Does the kit come with a proper Plain-Jane 202 bench seat interior? I assume grille, bumpers, headlights, taillights, chassis, and engine can all be sourced from AMT's modern '67 Cyclone kit? Though my folk's car was powered by the 200 cu. in. straight-six, I could live with a 390 V-8 under the hood from the Cyclone kit in my model of a Comet 202.

Edited by unclescott58

13 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Thanks for tipping me off on this one Tim. I did not know about it. Does the kit come with a proper Plain-Jane 202 bench seat interior? I assume grille, bumpers, headlights, taillights, chassis, and engine can all be sourced from AMT's modern '67 Cyclone kit? Though my folk's car was powered by the 200 cu. in. straight-six, I could live with a 390 V-8 under the hood from the Cyclone kit in my model of a Comet 202.

Website says body, hood, chrome rear bumper. $35 and that's a steal--MCR stuff is NICE and they ship pretty quickly too. They rate Two Fangs Up from the Snakepit! B)