Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

A beauty Bruce. For sure it will be #12 right?

I was at the Canadian GP the previous year when Gilles took his first win. 

Hey Pierre

Since I've already done the Jody WR1, I'm sticking with the #11 T4

9zWjZXW.jpg

Although...I do have the Renault waiting in the wings, and a crazy thought of combining another T4 with that on a base appeals to me ...lol

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Pierre Rivard said:

Come on Bruce! You gotta do it! It would make Canada proud!  😉

That is the exact picture I was thinking of Pierre !

Now to find another T4.....lol

Paint wet sanded using 800g and 1000g..washed with dish soap and drying..now back into the paint booth..the can of Tornado is warming in a pot of hot water...

YRNrGyw.jpg

Edited by Belugawrx
  • Like 1

Out of the paint shop and mocked up to find where it is hung up..I swear I test fit this 50 times and it was all good...Oh well 

Dremel to the rescueIMG_20230209_172048330.thumb.jpg.044254ede56b2be3be5220a31fa5d7d4.jpg

The gap between side pods and upper body is my main concern...it seems to be hung on the top of the fuel tank.

Cheers all

Edited by Belugawrx
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 11:41 AM, bytownshaker said:

I agree with Pierre.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Pierre Rivard said:

Come on Bruce! You gotta do it! It would make Canada proud!  😉

On 2/10/2023 at 11:41 AM, bytownshaker said:

I agree with Pierre.

Unfortunately, the RS10 raced the 312T4, not the Re20 (Tamiya,(1980))

A bit more done to this 312...

Masked the pods and shot Alclad Semi gloss aluminum (ALC-116) , the skid rails and clamps were drawn on with a KRYLON silver leafing pen, and the whole thing touched with some Tamiya Black panel line 

FNQIn6P.jpg

All kinds of wiring still to add, electrics, clutch cables, kill switch wiring, battery cables!...so on we go...

2DhOU41.jpg

Khx70dV.jpg

added an 'L' channel to the left side of the tub, clutch actuator and cable 

P1THlkH.jpg

More to come c,c,&q's always welcome...

Cheers

Edited by Belugawrx
furgot sumpin
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 6:13 PM, Chris Smith said:

Thanks Chris, it was a little nerve wracking, and then I thought, just go for it.. the top side white swoop isn't quite round enough, but... on my shelf,..? it'll look fine..thanks for looking in ..the 333P is coming really coming along 👍👍

• Like 1

All the decals on...now to decide on clear coat. I've had to use some Micro-Set to settle the decals into the side pod crevices, so Future is OUT, I've been staring at my Alclad #310 Gloss Klear Kote (Laquer over Acrylic Laquer?), Or my stand by Alclad #600 Aqua Gloss Clear ...Or go to the store and buy some more Duplicolor Acrylic Laquer clear gloss (I only have their Acrylic enamel in stock)

b0BBJ35.jpg

More to follow, as it happens

Cheers

5 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

All the decals on...now to decide on clear coat. I've had to use some Micro-Set to settle the decals into the side pod crevices, so Future is OUT, I've been staring at my Alclad #310 Gloss Klear Kote (Laquer over Acrylic Laquer?), Or my stand by Alclad #600 Aqua Gloss Clear ...Or go to the store and buy some more Duplicolor Acrylic Laquer clear gloss (I only have their Acrylic enamel in stock)

b0BBJ35.jpg

More to follow, as it happens

Cheers

I would go with what you trust.. don’t want to see such a nice build get ruined 

• Thanks 1

Ok..thanks guys..I did go to Crappy Tire and picked up a couple cans of Acrylic Lacquer Duplicolor cans

AkhSzFe.jpg

They changed the label, but it says Acrylic lacquer. .warmed it up in  HOT water

4dNdqIn.jpg

3Coats..looks like a pinecone with 3 coats of clear on it, I know

GjMs5nE.jpg

d9EC9gq.jpg

so far so good, masked the red clear after 40 minutes,and shot Dulcote on the rad housing  and intake tunnels 

TyAop4I.jpg

And of coarse another mockup

g9w0JN3.jpg

Another wet sand and clear 2-3,4 coats

Thanks for looking in ...Cheers

Edited by Belugawrx

16 minutes ago, bytownshaker said:

Bruce your Ferrari looks fantastic, Does Future react with Micro-set just wondering  for a build I was going to use future on?

Edgar

Hi Edgar..I have had Future react with both Set and Sol..it left a cloudy area which never disappeared... would be best to run a test with the same paint, decal solution, spare decal, and Future, just to be sure.

I know it seems like a lot of work, but better to know in the beginning than have the heart break at the end....Good luck👍

On 2/28/2023 at 1:31 PM, Randy D said:

Great job on that "rats nest" Bruce!!!

Really looking good with the decals on.

Randy

Thanks for checking in Randy (Birdcage is looking awesome !!)

After another couple coats of Clear

oV5ulh6.jpg

I felt comfortable wet sanding with 1000g again, and starting with Novus 1 and 2, then Meguiar's Ultimate Polish,I've got the right side rear buffed out

ieNvK1J.jpg

...Cheers

Pretty amazing how much care you put into that paint job. I don't know much about paint so this is most instructive. I did not know you could hit clear with 1000 grit but that may be doable on some harder type clears than what I use. Anyhow, as always great to watch your work and learn from it.

• Thanks 1