Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Polara Wheel Covers

1964 DODGE DART, POLARA 14" WHEEL COVERS, HUBCAPS, SET OF 4 W/SAWTOOTH CLIPS1964 - 1965 Dodge Spinner Wheel Covers Hubcaps - Set of 4

A recent post here someone was seeking  a set of the '64 Polara Wheel Covers .

The first set are the Standard Fare Polara . JoHan Kits had these . The second with the Fratzog Spinners was the Hifgh Dollar Option . The same was on both the '64/'65 MY's . These are in the Polar Lights '65 Cornet Kit . I think the '65 ornet are easier to find . Speaking for myself . I am seeking the whole shooting Match  . inner , outers , tires and Fratzogs . I am asking for help . Message me please ? Thanx   

10 hours ago, bigdrag1 said:

The first set of caps look like the ones that come in the See thru Trailer that was just released.

Correct- the caps in the just re-released display trailer are the same as the ones that came with the MPC 1965 Coronet. I’m sure somebody could part with a set in order to use something more prototypical if they want to build the display trailer. 

The only other sources for these caps would be: an original Jo Han ‘64 Dodge, and original MPC ‘65 Coronet, or the Modelhaus. 

On 2/26/2019 at 8:36 AM, CapSat 6 said:

Correct- the caps in the just re-released display trailer are the same as the ones that came with the MPC 1965 Coronet. I’m sure somebody could part with a set in order to use something more prototypical if they want to build the display trailer. 

The only other sources for these caps would be: an original Jo Han ‘64 Dodge, and original MPC ‘65 Coronet, or the Modelhaus. 

The trailer/Coronet wheel covers have the correct shape, but no center emblem (fratzog). The Jo-Han '64s have the emblem but are flat in profile (a problem they had on many kits). I ended up carving the emblems off the Jo-Han covers and adding them to the trailer ones, which is something I'd rather not do again :wacko:.