Model Cars Magazine Forum

"NISMAGNUM" GT-R Wagon; ready for fun!

Zoom Zoom

Thanks for the new replies.

Bike came w/the same Fujimi detail kit that has the roof racks/Thule luggage carriers.

The body is available in resin from scaleproduction.de ; I gave them permission to copy my design and they did a good job of it and it's been fun to see a few more built (mostly European builders). As far as body conversions go, it wasn't that difficult, the parts fit pretty well w/a minimum of filler.

Magnum1-vi.jpg

Magnum2-vi.jpg

Magnum6-vi.jpg

How in the world did that car come out looking so factory? The best conversion of it's kind I've ever seen, it actually looks better than either donor car.

-MJS

Thanks! How does it happen? I have no idea, this idea hatched when I was thinking of putting a Mustang front end on the Magnum body. As I was scouring my unbuilts, my eye hit the GTR kit, and that's where it came together. Once I realized the dimensions were so close that it was feasible (and a lot more feasible than the Mustang idea), I went with it. It was quite by accident, but I had a lot of NISMO detail parts that certainly helped make the idea come to fruition. It's fun to mix 'n match in car design, all the great customizers were doing it long before I came along.

Hey, nice job.

How about making this as well?

http://www.remarkabl...odge-00004.html

Thanks!

I was kind of surprised Foose used a 6 cylinder 300 front end. The SRT-8 has the best looking factory front clip (mainly because of the chin spoiler). Chrysler sold 300C Touring Wagons overseas, which inspired me to start one of my own, but it sits unfinished, who knows when I'll get back to it. One issue is the windshield, the front clip is from a 1/24 scale Revell kit married to the 1/25 scale Magnum body. I had to slightly bow the A pillars outward, so I need to carefully trim the 300 windshield to fit.

2-vi.jpg