Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fusion Hex Beads

I've seen these on models as well where they have been used to great effect, but I've not found any usable sizes in the craft stores, etc.  Been looking for years. I as well am interested to know what is out there in scale sizes, and with a clean hex shape.

1 hour ago, Flat32 said:

I ordered from the website and delivery time was reasonable.  I believe  Delica makes the smallest and sharpest cornered ones.

Raymond what are good sizes for modeling?  How do the sizes work - is #10 larger or smaller than #11?

Bigger number is smaller bead according to Delica listings.  I ordered the smallest, #15, and it measures .048" across the flats.  Although that'd be 1.2" 1:1 they look small enough for hose fittings or truck lugnuts in 1:25 scale.

I bought them to use for larger scales. Bought the smallest hex styrene for my 1:25 efforts.  I have no experience using any of this yet so cannot advise on what's good.  Do a site search for that.

19 hours ago, Flat32 said:

Go to Fusionbeads.com and select seed beads. Then select Delica  and then hex Delica seed beads. Various colors and sizes.

Thanks for that. I just bought a bag of #15 hex beads. I also picked up a bag of #15 round beads in flat black, as they seemed potentially useful.

It's also worth checking out the 'Tools & Adhesives' section. There are some interesting tools there that would be useful for model building.