Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fire??

NYLIBUD

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Read several articles about the fire the other day. Apparently the story spans several decades and that car dealership was seen in all of them. Looks like there were many other cars for the filming inside the building at the time, so the carnage might not have been limited to just '80s cars. 

Whatever happened, it's very sad, and so unnecessary. :(

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Exactly, there were other more expensive and rare cars in the building.Not just the 80s cars out front.And yes, the whole thing is sad.Well it’s sad whenever a nice car goes up in flames.?

I humbly agree.

I jest about the type of cars lost, but it is a tragedy none the less. 

Steve

On 5/13/2019 at 7:09 PM, iamsuperdan said:

I care more about 80s Camaros than I do about 60s Camaros. It's the generation I grew up with.

Bingo!  People  like and collect the cars they grew up with.  

I remember in the early 1970s people were saying nobody would ever collect 1970s cars because of all the plastic in them that wouldn't be restorable!  Well, 1970s cars are very collectible today.   And time has a way of changing how we look at things.  Back then we pitied the carless kids who had to drive their mom's station wagon to school.  Today, even those wagons look good to us!