Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford model subject

Flat32

I was full of anticipation....

Here's my one barn find... summer of 2002, a friend from work was telling me that his uncle had died and he had the responsibility to clear out the house.  This was in Brick, New Jersey.

He wasn't a car guy, so he told me of his uncle's  "Model T" and that I could just have it if I had it towed away.  So of course we went for a look!   

Only to find the Rustiest Model A in existance!

It wasn't a Model T at all, but a very rusty Model A 5 window coupe! 

He told me the car had been stored in the barn, actually a good size garage for 50 years. Upon looking at the car it looked more like it had been sitting outside 50 years and recently rolled into the barn!   It was way too rusty for me to deal with, nor was I into these cars then as I am today.  I didn't have anywhere to park or store it either.  Still I was working towards acquiring it, and of course the story changed.  Suddenly he got the bug that the car was worth something, so it was no longer "Free".   That became my exit, and I understand he advertised it and got a few grand for the car. Hopefully someone restored it!

Here's my album from that visit:

https://public.fotki.com/modelcitizen/11_car_reference_library/the_free_model_t/

Edited by Tom Geiger

This 1932 Ford was built for the first World Series of Drag Racing, and after that 1954 race, it was parked and never run again.

That's the really weird part. Although with that fuel setup, it was probably kinda dangerous anyway. A little too close to the exhaust for my liking. Neat looking car though. Very cool.

32-ford-coupe-042.jpg