Model Cars Magazine Forum

Display case quality

I just bought an Acrylicase display case, and I'm not impressed with the quality.  Here are a couple photos.  There were scuff marks and ripply areas.  I polished out the scuffs, but there's nothing I can do about the ripples.  Have you had any experience with this product?  Is this typical, or did I just get a bad one?  The box appeared to be factory sealed.  Could you recommend an alternative?

Thanks,

Don

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

case1.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you checked to see if there's a very thin protective film on the inside of the case that peels off? I have a feeling I've had to do that with at least one of the display cases I've bought... If the inside is actually that bad, I'd take it back to where you bought it.... it's not fit for purpose...

best,

M.

27 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Personally, I don't worry a whole lot about the clarity of the case.

For me the case is pretty much strictly about protection.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

Same here. Over half of what I have displayed are in the old Johan cases that are well over 30 years old.

The wife insists on using her duster on them and over this time I have had to repolish them because of the buildup of fine scratches over time. They are due for a wash ad polish right now. but really dread the job!

Been studying on getting a couple Carney cases that hold 21 or 24 cars.