Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/24 VW Beetle

I finally have a little time from commission work to start a little side project. After searching my stash I decided to go for this Beetle, which should be quick and simple. 

IMG-20190721-150558.jpg

Its going to be painted with zero paints and cleared in 2k, with a beige interior.  Might be a strange combination but its just paints I have lying around and I think the chrome on the body panels will look good against a dark blue. Its going to be a completely box stock build. Not looking for anything complicated. 

IMG-20190721-150635.jpg 

I have made a start on the body, sanding the seam lines out and given it a first coat of primer. 

IMG-20190721-150618.jpg

to be continued.....

Chris
www.wardsmodelbuilder.com
wardsmodelbuilder@outlook.com

Here is the progress so far on the little Beetle. 

IMG-20190727-155535.jpg

Nothing major wrong with the body out of the box, just a couple of mould lines which were easily removed. 

Primed, painted and a little bare metal foil added to the side features and then cleared in 2k. 

IMG-20190727-155543.jpg

I will now start to work on the chassis and engine. 

Thanks
Chris
http://www.wardsmodelbuilder.com
wardsmodelbuilder@outlook.com

Will follow this, as I'm currently working on the exact same kit.

Mine will be in Arctic White, but backdated to a 1963 model, as I'm building mine as my very first car. The seats in mine were a deep red with cream on the sides and backs.

The kit hubcaps are the later flat type, but the hubcaps on the 1963 were still the deep dish ones, which I have on hand, salvaged from a diecast model I improved for a friend of mine some years ago.