Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fred Cady Decals remaining inventory

• 1 month later...

Sorry, just saw this post.

One of the highlights of my earlier "tours" was the shop tour I did of Fred Cady's shop/house.

I am still in awe not only of the work that Fred has done over the years (all by hand), but his house and shop is amazing!

I am an avid architecture fan, my dad was an architect here in Hawai'i, and have been a Frank Lloyd Wright fan, and member of the foundation, for many years.

Now Fred's house may not be a FLW house, but that is the first thing I thought of when I was there!

I still have some of the photos that I snuck while upstairs, I only took photos of his shop for the "In The Studio" article I did on Fred Cady Decals, way back when.

I have probably looked at those photos over a dozen times just in the past year or two, I love his house!!!

And as for Fred, not a nicer guy will you ever meet!

26 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Sorry, just saw this post.

One of the highlights of my earlier "tours" was the shop tour I did of Fred Cady's shop/house.

I am still in awe not only of the work that Fred has done over the years (all by hand), but his house and shop is amazing!

I am an avid architecture fan, my dad was an architect here in Hawai'i, and have been a Frank Lloyd Wright fan, and member of the foundation, for many years.

Now Fred's house may not be a FLW house, but that is the first thing I thought of when I was there!

I still have some of the photos that I snuck while upstairs, I only took photos of his shop for the "In The Studio" article I did on Fred Cady Decals, way back when.

I have probably looked at those photos over a dozen times just in the past year or two, I love his house!!!

And as for Fred, not a nicer guy will you ever meet!

Hmmm, I remember and should still have that mag with the article you did on Fred Cady's shop.

• 6 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 5:52 PM, MG Brown said:

I read in another forum that Fred had passed away unexpectedly. I hope there is some sort of error as I saw him at a car show in the late summer-fall of 2019.

Can anyone conform or deny this news?????

I just got a letter from him about some decals, was mailed 13 June.  I too would like to know.

@Exotics_Builder, any insight?  Is Fred OK?

Edited by Ralph Henderson

2 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I pinged a friend who also knows Fred and he said all things are fine with him.  Not sure where the story about his passing came from.  Since Jim confirmed, I didn't attempt to contact Fred directly

Thats good, nobody needs any more bad news right now.

• 4 weeks later...