Model Cars Magazine Forum

First Post

Ramcharger

Here's something I'm working on. An '85 Dodge Daytona P/S. It has a Hot Rod Lincoln chassis, P/S Coronet tires and motor, wheels with stock Daytona centers, and a little custom paint. It's Auto Air Candy Apple Red over Metallic Gold, Black Pearl on the lower part, and Real Fire Flames on the front and top. All covered in Dupont clear (yet to be polished out). Comments and criticism welcome!

Daytonafire2.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments! I'm sure I have much to learn and some to share with you all. Gregg, bigger pics coming up as soon as I get home from work. You can also see it live when you come to Toledo, I look forward to meeting you and getting reacquainted with others from the board. I used to go up every year for a while and stopped a couple of years ago.

:D Welcome Ramcharger!(Nice snappy name!) You just made a great entrance with your little ride, and hopefully alot of fans too! I know I like it! You'll like it here, caz everyones pretty easy to get along with. Post some more pics, an maybe some WIP pics(I love those) So we can see just how you build such great cars! :D

Looks great. Love the flames. Let me give a big Welcome, even if you are not who I think you are.

Mike,

I am who you think I am, if who you think I am is a soon to return member of the BSAC from a couple of years ago that showed up out of the blue at the Zanesville show last week.

George,

Thanks! It's great to be back into modeling after a couple of years off. I have no WIP pics, I only posted the paint because it was my first try with flames this small and I wanted some outside opinions. The chassis has been done for a while and waiting on a decent body.

Here's some more pics and a link to even more. I still have some work to do on the chassis and motor before Toledo.

Daytonafire4.jpg

Daytonafire5.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

My photobucket

Ron Francis

Pataskala, Ohio

Comments and criticism welcome!

Daytonafire2.jpg

comment: hello there freind!! Like Blues' said youll fit right in with the rest of the plastiholics and paint fanatics.. Awesome wip fella!!!

criticism: more pics plzz :(:D what were ya thinkin... :D nah jus foolin Keep on wit the keepin on!!!

You never mentioned that you were working on this, or was i just not paying attention?

see you @ the Meeting.

I may not have mentioned it, or I may have not attempted flames this small before and didn't want to jinx it. It looked pretty good before the flames.

BTW, where is the meeting? I don't want to show up at Mark's house and nobody else is there! Send me an Email. Also, do I really have to call you Mister? ;)