Model Cars Magazine Forum

Source For British Car Aftermarket Parts?

HI all, long time no type...

I am still in model-building-burnout-mode, BUT have been toying with the possibility of a possible project.  Thing is, as usual, I would need to find a specific item to make it accurate.

I have been sitting here searching online for sources for British-car aftermarket parts, and have found NONE.  There HAVE to be SOME!  Can anyone point me in the direction of items such as 1/24 resin Lotus Elan wheels?  

JD

There isn't very much for the british cars. Airtrax do some kits, modelkars did some bodys but they recently closed their website but i have their email address if you need it. ucsp are pretty good at bringing out requested wheels (someone on here requested mk3 golf steels and 2 weeks later he had them in his store) and his resin is very nice. You might also find some wheels at scale production as they do some 60s and 70s race wheels that may also work for lotus. If fujimi or aoshima have ever done a kit with what you need they probably did wheels sets too. You could also try the parts box in australia for parts. It would be easier to answer if we knew what exactly you are looking for

24 minutes ago, Nells250 said:

Thanks for the reply!  I guess I just assumed that there would be a cottage industry for aftermarket parts in Europe just like here in the US... guessed wrong!  

There is Renaissance models in France, I've bought a lot from them, great quality castings

https://www.renaissance-models.com/ter/index.php

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 10:20 AM, Nells250 said:

Thanks for the reply!  I guess I just assumed that there would be a cottage industry for aftermarket parts in Europe just like here in the US... guessed wrong!  Who is "UCSP", by the way?

That's  Misha Smarsky. I've purchased from him more than a few times. Outstanding products and fantastic service. It's taken less time to get things from him across the globe than it does my interstate mail. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oooooooooooooh!  Those are them!!!  Rite Aid, eh?  Hmmm..... I think the Super 7 kit has separate chrome center caps, so the spinners would have to come off, then the caps... hmmmmmmmmmmm... 

(Ooooops, I think I just let the cat out of the proverbial bag as to my possible project) 

Edited by Nells250

So you are going to build the Tamiya Lotus Super 7 Series II, Jonelle ?........ what is wrong with the wheels included in the Tamiya kit ? Myself, I have used the Super 7 kit as a donor kit to provide the wheels for a 1:24 resin body kit of the Ford Anglia 105E, as they are better than the resin wheels supplied.

Having said that...... those Welly Lotus Elan wheels are very nice........

David

• 2 weeks later...