Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tesla Cyber truck


Recommended Posts

On 11/26/2019 at 11:58 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

Maybe someone is going to remake Damnation Alley and they needed a mini-Landmaster?

It's funny, but that was the movie i was thinking of...i did read a bit more about the truck, some stuff sounds ok. Still can't get over the looks, kinda stealth, toy like, origami look. Consensus among friends/coworkers/aquaintances is "blech". I would like to think this is an engineering mule, the pretty outside is yet to come. Wonder how it would look like with a 6 inch lift, tires, etc...

Don

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Elon did  his job , he got us talking about  this " truck" - free publicity, free internet buzz. didn't have to spend a lot for advertising. It kind of reminds me when the Ford Taurus came out with aero styling. It took a little while to get used to , then everyone copied aero styling. I think he should call it the Tesla origami truck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we have been living the age of ugliness for about 20 years now...... Ugly style..... Ugly music..... ugly furniture......ugly cars..... And now an ugly truck, so what????

 

Walid

Edited by khier
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:34 PM, misterNNL said:

Just saw this on my Hot Rod Magazine news letter and am  wondering what the modeling community thinks of it. I think some of us could probably build a model of in about 15 minutes with some flat card stock, give it a quick coat of stainless steel rattle can paint and call it done.

And you don't have to worry about detailing an engine or drivetrain. Curbside or slammer will do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Alright there seem to be a lot of talented builders and computer wizards on these boards so how 'bout someone steps up and gives us a computer generated lay out of the exterior sheet metal for this vehicle that everyone can print out and produce their own version of this unique truck. Go ahead...I double dog dare you.produce it,post it,build it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate it. But I also hate the direction the car industry is going these days overall. 

I especially hate all the electric cars. One of the best things about a car is the sound of a well put together engine. The cam, intake, exhaust, induction....The visceral sound of a big nasty cammed V8 is incredible. Looks are important too, but this "truck" looks like a bad joke. I understand the whole buzz thing. Dodge did it very well with the release of the Demon. But holy cow. Itll take more than 2 years for this thing to grow on most people. There will always be people who think its practical, or that it even looks good, and they will buy it. There are also people who think onions taste good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drummerdad said:

I hate it. But I also hate the direction the car industry is going these days overall. 

I especially hate all the electric cars. One of the best things about a car is the sound of a well put together engine. The cam, intake, exhaust, induction....The visceral sound of a big nasty cammed V8 is incredible. Looks are important too, but this "truck" looks like a bad joke. I understand the whole buzz thing. Dodge did it very well with the release of the Demon. But holy cow. Itll take more than 2 years for this thing to grow on most people. There will always be people who think its practical, or that it even looks good, and they will buy it. There are also people who think onions taste good. 

They make sound systems for electric cars (ones that just make noise to warn people walking by that the car is about to move, and also ones which actually simulate internal combustion engine sound).   And onions are delicious (especially sauteed golden brown). Love them, and chives too! ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, peteski said:

They make sound systems for electric cars (ones that just make noise to warn people walking by that the car is about to move, and also ones which actually simulate internal combustion engine sound).   And onions are delicious (especially sauteed golden brown). Love them, and chives too! ;)

That kinda proves my point, a little. If you are adding engine sounds to your electric vehicle, why not just buy a car with a real engine? Whats next, are they going to make it vibrate and torque when you hit the "throttle?" 

And I cant help you with onions, sauteed or not. Ive tried, but they make me want to puke. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 4:19 PM, drummerdad said:

That kinda proves my point, a little. If you are adding engine sounds to your electric vehicle, why not just buy a car with a real engine? Whats next, are they going to make it vibrate and torque when you hit the "throttle?" 

And I cant help you with onions, sauteed or not. Ive tried, but they make me want to puke. ?

Why not "real engine"? Well, because electric cars do not burn dead dinosaur juice, and spew carbon dioxide and lots of other nasty gasses.  Yeah I know, right now the electricity to charge up those cars comes from a power plant which likely still spews nasty gasses into the atmosphere, but once there is a way to produce 100% pollution-free electricity, electric cars will be widely accepted (save for few die-hard internal combustion "nuts"). ;)

What electric cars have (that is lacking in the dinosaur engines) is low-end torque.    A high-end electric cars will likely beat any internal-combustion engine cars in 0-60 or 1/4 mile runs. While I never had a chance to experience this myself, as I understand it, the acceleration from dead stop is amazing (and not ear-shattering).

And as far as food goes, you don't like onions, I don't like cheese (and they put that spoiled-milk product pretty much in ever dish).

Edited by peteski
Link to post
Share on other sites

To check on the progress of electric low-end torque Google Don Gralits Swamp Rat 38 battery powered dragster. His goal is 300 MPH in the quarter mile. In the one clip I watched he also ran his Tesla sedan through at 102.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...