Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is out there for a 57 chevy wagon

There is (was) a die cast West Coast Choppers in 1/24 scale.

s-l1600.jpg.b8b0049c830bd6cfedb54dae998a1152.jpg

Doesn't look too bad. I have one and I used paint thinner and a Q-tip to remove the flames and roof logo. I wanted to change the wheels and paint the roof white to make it more "mainstream". Details are nice for an inexpensive toy.

Edited by Oldcarfan27

While I like and have built several Resin bodied models, they are not without some draw backs. The first is to find a really good casting of what it is you want to build. For the most part the casters that have been around for a while can provide good quality castings with minimal flash and needed clean up. The clean up of the body isn't very different than what you would do with a plastic kit. In my mind the problem areas, at least the ones I've had to deal with, have todo with sanding and prepping the body for paint. You don't wan to be breathing any of the sanding dust and you really don't want that dust in your work area. The dust created from working on the resin body will interfere with painting on any plastic parts that get the dust on them.  The resin body usually requires an automotive type primer so that color coats of paint will adhere. I think if you understand that there will be a little extra prep and effort in other areas the resin conversion kits are a great way to build something that the normal kit companies don't offer.