Model Cars Magazine Forum

winter projects

olsbooks

Oh to be a bear, hang out the "do not disturb" sign, and rest peacefully all winter! While imitating my hero's demeanor, appearance, and odor are easy enough, not much else comes easy.  And so it becomes a matter of finding a relatively non-destructive way to maintain sanity. 

In boredom (desperation?), I began dabbling in "foreign" substances like balsa, foam, paper, and cardboard in addition to styrene. Seeking "easy" topics to begin with and inspiration, I happened across an old "coffee table" type book filled with B&W railroad photos from the late 1950's. O. Winston Link was a true master!   One thing led to another and the results follow.  I'm not (nor do I have any intentions of becoming) a model railroader but picked up some rail in various scales and whipped up the following.  All of these I consider "warm ups" for a long time goal of construction of an ore dock featuring Hulett unloaders.  We shall see. 

Hopefully, the format for the pix is acceptable. It saves a lot of space without the loss of privacy and annoyance associated with photo hosting sites.  They are created it as a .doc, converted to pdf, then converted to .jpg.

Hope all are well. Peace.

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

Nice range of smaller scale models there, JC.......... and using your photo reduction technique, you can get more photos onto a smaller area of the page. Not easy to see the detail, but you have clearly come up with some very interesting ideas. As you say, it is all about maintaining sanity..... keeping those old cogs moving round.

David

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...