Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '41 Plymouth Coupe

Casey

13 hours ago, alexis said:

$32.00 seems a bit much for a '41 Plymouth with 4 bottle crates and some Coke decals. I'll pass.

I'm going back and forth on this one.  I have a couple of the older '41 Plymouths, molded in that Turd Brown plastic. I might want one in white, just because my old eyes find that color easier to work with and spot flaws.  One old kit will get the 4-door sedan resin body and minor flaws won't matter much.  It will be built as a military staff car and they were painted Flat Olive Drab.

The Coke items are a good addition. But I need to build a 1/25 scale diorama of a bottling plant to use all the Coke stuff I already have.  You might say I'm having a Coke Overdose...

On 5/25/2020 at 8:28 PM, alexis said:

$32.00 seems a bit much for a '41 Plymouth with 4 bottle crates and some Coke decals. I'll pass.

Yep considering I still have one unbuilt without the Coke crates that I probably paid $5 or less for, I'm with ya.  The tooling was paid for years ago on this.  IS the premium price for the Coke parts and the ever increasing price of kits?  

• 3 years later...
On 3/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

And if your tastes run to police cars...

47106992564_77d482d012_b.jpg

Thais one's a '40, but the NYPD also used '41s

http://www.policeny.com/images/18PctRMP%20(Custom).jpg

http://www.policeny.com/images/41-42RMPedit.jpg

I need to build one of these!!  Love those old green ‘n’ black NYPD liveries!

Figure we’ll be seeing more of these built (or at least purchased) now Ollie’s has them…doesn’t look a bad kit from the pics Casey posted there

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Little Timmy said:

I just got a pile of them at Wal-mart.

They ordered way to many of them a year ago and I knew they wouldn't sell. So I patiently waited and they put them on clearance...$7.50 each...

( I got 7 of them.)

Seven 1941 Plymouth kits for roughly the same cost as a recently reissued kit of any other car is a smokin deal in my book.

7 hours ago, Little Timmy said:

I just got a pile of them at Wal-mart.

They ordered way to many of them a year ago and I knew they wouldn't sell. So I patiently waited and they put them on clearance...$7.50 each...

( I got 7 of them.)

Nice score!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, P51Mustang said:

Just bought one at Walmart clearance and I cut the top off to make convertible. Liking the build so far...

Here's a convert I built back around 1979 or so.  The windshield frame i believe is not prototypically correct (we didn''t sweat those details back then so much).  It was featured in my first-ever Scale Auto Enthusiast article, the issue #4 (Nov./Dec. 1979) although I do not think it was a typical "how to" article showing all the steps....TB 

DSC 0978

• Like 3