Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. K-123 Kenworth and 40' Great Dane Trailer

On 4/25/2020 at 8:58 AM, 1959scudetto said:

Very nice truck-trailer combo, Brian! Could be driven out of one of Ron Adams' fine trucking books! I'm gonna redo most of my old (mid 80's) truck builds to look similar (I've overdone it than with fancy paint and too much chrome)

Is this a 3D-printed grille on the KW?

Thanks!! I like work trucks the best, but every once in a while I may build a show truck too. Yes, the grill is 3D printed. It is from Double Take Replicas and is sadly no longer available. Thanks again!

On 4/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, Deuces ll said:

WoW!.... ??

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

This is beautifully detailed! I’m curious, where did you find the little visor fans? I can’t find anything close to it! Are they photo etch parts? I’m working on a project and this little detail would be nice to add! 

2 hours ago, JohnU said:

This is beautifully detailed! I’m curious, where did you find the little visor fans? I can’t find anything close to it! Are they photo etch parts? I’m working on a project and this little detail would be nice to add! 

Thanks! The fans were 3-D printed. They were a product of Double Take Replicas. Sadly they are not available anymore. KJ the owner has stopped casting and selling right now to spend more time with his family which is great! Your kids are only little once!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...