Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question on Revell Aerodyne semi

I know the kit has a 400 Cummins in it but does anyone know what transmission it has in it? I’d have to dig my kit out to look and lazy today. lol 

Im hoping it’s a 13 speed Eaton/Fuller...

Getting parts and such lined up for my Bear rig build! 
Thanks in advance for any help given!!

Doc

610C0278-6B9D-4D50-8706-763D56ACE4FD.jpeg.a484366dc09cd24b9a9fba37b7265d4e.jpeg

Cant wait to see you start this!

I've just acquired a gold mine in BJ rig parts for my build which I am forever in debt... the dash is still a go it's about 80% done, lots of custom aluminium parts - bumper, mirrors, horns, grill, light surrounds you name it. Will be good to bounce ideas off each other.

Long live BJ McKay!!

1 hour ago, CharlieBravo said:

Cant wait to see you start this!

I've just acquired a gold mine in BJ rig parts for my build which I am forever in debt... the dash is still a go it's about 80% done, lots of custom aluminium parts - bumper, mirrors, horns, grill, light surrounds you name it. Will be good to bounce ideas off each other.

Long live BJ McKay!!

Very kool!! You made the deal of a lifetime eh?! Think I know which one it is! 

Glad to hear the dash is still a go! Can’t wait to get a couple!! 

Im still gathering parts and pics for my build. Maybe after I finish the Pete wrecker I’ll dig into it and get going on it. Would like to meet up with Paul again to get more pics of the real rig too!!

For information, the engine in the Revell K100 is a twin turbo NTC 475, not a 400 wich only has one turbo, so if you leave out one of the turbos you will have a 400...the aftercooler is not the right style but can be modified quite easily.

I have helped Chris with some references for the dash, some views he didn't have, so it's a World wide operation. ;) 
I also want to see a correct Aerodyne dash as none of the K100 Aerodyne kits has one, all are wrong.

Edited by Force

4 hours ago, Force said:

For information, the engine in the Revell K100 is a twin turbo NTC 475, not a 400 wich only has one turbo, so if you leave out one of the turbos you will have a 400...the aftercooler is not the right style but can be modified quite easily.

I have helped Chris with some references for the dash, some views he didn't have, so it's a World wide operation. ;) 
I also want to see a correct Aerodyne dash as none of the K100 Aerodyne kits has one, all are wrong.

Thanks for the info Hakan!! I want to get a couple of the dashes when they are available. Have two rigs for sure to use them in!! Both of the “Paul” rigs!! Lol Sagehorn’s (Bear) rig and Cox’s blue 79 K100..

Funny...the pictures I helped Chris with was pictures of Paul Cox's truck, I found some very good and detailed pictures of the dash panel under restoration of the truck.:)
I had saved them in case I would do a correct Aerodyne dash myself.

Edited by Force

1 hour ago, Force said:

Funny...the pictures I helped Chris with was pictures of Paul Cox's truck, I found some very good and detailed pictures of the dash panel under restoration of the truck.:)
I had saved them in case I would do a correct Aerodyne dash myself.

I saw the same pics!! Saved them myself.. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Main box of a Road ranger trans externally is the same, on all RT models, the trans depicted in those pics would be either a 13,15, or 18 speed depending on the internals and air shift system. The portion that is called the "Back 1/2" is extended for a set of "splitter" gears. and generally are overdrive gears. Though in some construction applications can be built internally with " under drive" or sometimes called "Deep Reduction" gears and turns the whole low side box into granny gears on steroids. An 8,9, or 10 speed the "Back 1/2 would be fairly flat.  I have worked as a mechanic for over 30 years, and have my finger bit several times overhauling Road Rangers. 

12 hours ago, dad vader said:

The Main box of a Road ranger trans externally is the same, on all RT models, the trans depicted in those pics would be either a 13,15, or 18 speed depending on the internals and air shift system. The portion that is called the "Back 1/2" is extended for a set of "splitter" gears. and generally are overdrive gears. Though in some construction applications can be built internally with " under drive" or sometimes called "Deep Reduction" gears and turns the whole low side box into granny gears on steroids. An 8,9, or 10 speed the "Back 1/2 would be fairly flat.  I have worked as a mechanic for over 30 years, and have my finger bit several times overhauling Road Rangers. 

Thanks for the info Richard, I've never rebuilt any transmissions but have pulled and swapped a few.. Heavy little buggers too!!!!