Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pen Sander

I looked further into the prodcut details. I think the speed controller and some trial and error are your best bet. But, this could be the answer to those pesky ejector pin marks in tight spots, if you are careful.

An AC adapter of at least 12-18V and 1.0-Amp is required. We recommend proxxon power supplies NG 2/S, number 38706, or NG 5/E, number 38704. the electronic speed control on the 38704 unit allows the selection of different speeds for different applications and materials.

I remember years ago that someone put forward the idea of doing much the same thing but with the use of one of those orbital head electric tooth brushes. As I recall they suggested using a large hole punch to cutout sanding disks from sand paper that could be used for the sanding.    

I've done that with an electric toothbrush; only drawback on mine (Oral-B) is you can't press very hard before it stops.

This little sander looks more effective, although I wouldn't need it often enough to justify the price.

I see one user added an - ahem - interesting photo, which I captioned:

tickles.jpg.b86e200fb11cb01910e9ff29f0d28638.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hey there...I bought one of these several years ago and use it off and on. It is a vibrator obviously and runs back and forth. It works well as you get used to it, however it can only go in a close area one way because it vibrates back and force and therefor will contact the sides of a close space and not work. It IS very strong but sometimes you cannot use the entire surface of the medium (it has a very strong sticky backing as well) so sometimes seems wasteful to change the paper before it is all worn down on every side. I would purchase it again though, for the price shown here! It a lot cheaper than when I purchased !

Hope this makes some sense.

Jay

I bought something similar from micromark and use it quite often, especially for large areas. A word of caution, linger too long in one area and it will melt plastic but it is a great tool (especially for those that suffer from arthritis!)

9CD5C3BE-AA01-4B51-888E-6E69F9E3C93A.jpeg.51550dd92b4fde5175f6c58575bb773d.jpeg
the Proxxon requires you also purchase a power transformer since it is 12v but this one from Micromark plugs in to regular AC household current.

Edited by BDSchindler

• 7 months later...