Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

2016 camaro ss (amt pre decorated kit)

stitchdup

This is one of the pre decorated amt kits. It builds up quite well but a lot of the black parts were left in bare plastic instead of being painted which i found a little dissapointing after the nicely done parts on the pre decorated 300c kit. I think they should really have painted the interior blacks at the very least so i went over them with citadel black and picked out the vents with satin. I also flocked the floor but none of the interior is visable for pics as the glass is pretty thick in this kit. I didn't bother doing any painting to the chassis as it wont be seen on the shelf. I may end up stealing the engine from this for something else, and glueing the hood shut

DSC05949.JPG

DSC05944.JPG

DSC05945.JPG

DSC05948.JPG

3 hours ago, espo said:

This Camaro looks great. I'm not familiar with this kit so I wonder how much if any paint work you had to do or if it's a polish and go type build ?  

i'm comparing it to the pre painted 300c and if you expect as much painted as it you would be dissapointed. The body was already painted but the chassis and interior blacks were just bare plastic. Its not a bad kit just not really what i expected after the 300c but what is painted was nicely done. Still it filled an afternoon and i can glue the hood (no hinges or anything to hold the hood in place either) shut now and rob the engine for my 64 caddy