Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alfa Romeo 8C 2300- 1/12 Italeri Kit!

You have built an absolutely convincing old race car here, Jason. It looks like an original from the Alfa Romeo museum - the engine bay, interior, the patina on the leather seats, the exhaust, the worn metal panels....I could go on and on - simply amazing!

I guess your next build will be the 1/12 Airfix Blower Bentley ?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 10:02 AM, dmbgamer said:

Beautiful work! Do you mind sharing a it about your subtle chipping technique, especially the body edges?

thanks 

Thanks man, it's been a while (working a lot on my 1:1, '95 Miata) but the chipping is basically just carefully applying Tamiya Aluminum with a fine brush to the edges. I'll tone down larger chips with a thin wash of Tamiya Metallic Grey to make them look like the bare aluminum has oxidized and dulled. The trick is to not overdo it and to respect the material you're representing, hence the rust on the (steel) chassis and the chipping on the aluminum body.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lovely model and beautifully detailed. These relatively inexpensive large scale kits lend themselves to this sort of level of detailing. A previous poster asked if the modeller would be tackling the Airfix big Bentley kit. That particular kit is showing its age a bit and would lend itself to super detailing with a lot of work. If Italeri did a Blower Bentley (a long wheelbase as opposed to the Airfix short wheelbase one) I think we would see a difference in quality straight away.

The Golden Age racers and sports cars have plenty of character about them. Maybe one day we might see a Bugatti T35 or T59 by this manufacturer in 1/12 scale. I cannot stretch to the high prices of MFH classics so well done Italeri.

• 1 year later...