Model Cars Magazine Forum

Swearing and cussing on the board

I don't own a TV, so I can't comment on anything that is brought up about the propaganda on liquid crystal displays or the plasmatic morpherasizer of consumables that literally wastes thousands of hours of valuable time every year.

And yes, enough is enough

You cuss, or try to, and I delete you.

Fair and simple

There are two cuss words that I let slip, and if anyone tries to guess what they are, or push their luck, they will be deleted also.

I am really trying to get everyone on the same page here

This is not about pushing one's religious beliefs, moral upbringings, or as some may say in my case, the lack thereof.

It's about manners, and what is right, proper, and polite.

We are all friends and family here.

Would you say these things in front of your grandmother?

Your in-laws?

Someone you want to impress?

We have over a million hits a month on these pages.

I can send anyone who wishes to see the stats the reports.

I agree with what (I think it was Pete) had said that every once in a while, a cuss word when used in the certain circumstances, really makes a statement or impact.

It's supposed to.

But, in every day use, and when you have the ability to use that old backspace or delete key, it is not needed, or even appreciated, here on this forum.

There a thousands of words you could use to describe how you feel about something.

Please don't insult us with foul words, expletives, or even the dreaded *&^%$$

Like my dad use to tell me growing up, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

I don't own a TV, so I can't comment on anything that is brought up about the propaganda on liquid crystal displays or the plasmatic morpherasizer of consumables that literally wastes thousands of hours of valuable time every year.

And yes, enough is enough

You cuss, or try to, and I delete you.

Fair and simple

There are two cuss words that I let slip, and if anyone tries to guess what they are, or push their luck, they will be deleted also.

I am really trying to get everyone on the same page here

This is not about pushing one's religious beliefs, moral upbringings, or as some may say in my case, the lack thereof.

It's about manners, and what is right, proper, and polite.

We are all friends and family here.

Would you say these things in front of your grandmother?

Your in-laws?

Someone you want to impress?

We have over a million hits a month on these pages.

I can send anyone who wishes to see the stats the reports.

I agree with what (I think it was Pete) had said that every once in a while, a cuss word when used in the certain circumstances, really makes a statement or impact.

It's supposed to.

But, in every day use, and when you have the ability to use that old backspace or delete key, it is not needed, or even appreciated, here on this forum.

There a thousands of words you could use to describe how you feel about something.

Please don't insult us with foul words, expletives, or even the dreaded *&^%$$

Like my dad use to tell me growing up, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

Gregg

Very well said..

I have the ability to use those Kind of words But choose not to. Why? because it downgrades the Point you are trying to make. The response from those words Just brings on More of the same.

At work those words get Used alot. But at home or Out and about in the general Public. I hardly ever use them.

Just situational.

Once You get Used to doing things somewhere it gets Hard to Undo that Habit.

It does not make any difference to me, I never curse. Just my own self-imposed rules of conduct. I have set my own standards so high that there is little anyone could do that could make them stricter. I also don't drink alcohol, smoke, do drugs, etc etc. just on my own personal impulses.

I think using those words as everyday additions to a person's vocabulary shows that they are not very intelligent, and generally don't have a very good handle on the human language and therefor their arguments-for whatever it may be-won't stand up to scrutiny.

;) Guys, I worked in an auto factory, for 32 years. The WOMEN there talked rougher than sailors!So bad language was normal to me. I NEVER gave it a second thought. Then I retired, and got back to "normal"style of speech, As in every other word not being........... and.......... And believe it or not, I quit using bad language. My wife noticed it first, then my daughter. I guess I finally realised I wasn't in that environment any longer and didn't have the need to" fit "in. But I never thought about the kids who might be here. I wouldn't want some one cussin in front of my grandchild. But I wouldn't want to deprive her of the pleasure that she might get out of a site like this. So I totally agree with you Gregg, And I DO appericiate your bringin it to our attention.Thanks :P

Being honest, when it comes to my intellect, I freely admit to a lack of modesty there however.

:lol:

As long as you kindly limit your enlightened discourse and insightful musings to such a level that we intellectually-challenged neanderthals can easily synthesize (given our pathetically ill-developed reptilian-like cerebral cortexes), potential comprehension difficulties stemming from your heightened verbal and reasoning skills that may otherwise be suffered by the majority of the members of this board will be kept to an absolute minimum.

Uh... I mean as long as you don't throw around too many $10 words we're good to go...

:lol:;) ;)

(just yankin' yer chain, brainiac!) ;)

I did'nt think this was a debateable issue, just dont use foul words when posting, GEEEEESH....

yeah I was thinkin the same thing

most people here probably had to look up " erudite " and " canard "....

i thought a ' Canard ' was one of those goofy little wings on Planes / Cars / Boats?

I know right :lol: Canards http://streetconcept.com/prodimages/carbon_fiber_canards.JPG

Edited by Nick F40

Ok AL.. stop stirring the POT..

Turn the heat down and walk away..Its done..

(Joking buddy)

My "Sloppy Beaver Saloon" post got deleated, I've just got my "panties in a wad"

From Wikipedia

Usage and perception

Some modern examples of innuendo include sexual references to human body parts. For example, a woman might attempt to purchase some groceries (in this example, watermelons) and a man might say, "Boy, those are some nice melons you have there." This statement factually describes watermelons; although as opposed to double entendre the man's statement only implies that he was referring to the woman's breasts when the recipient understands.

When innuendo is used in a sentence, it could go completely undetected by someone who was not familiar with the hidden meaning, and he or she would find nothing odd about the sentence. Perhaps because innuendo is not considered offensive to those who do not "get" the hidden implication, it is often used in sitcoms and other comedy which would otherwise be considered unsuitable for children. Children would find this comedy funny, but because most children lack understanding of the hidden implication in innuendo, they would find it funny for a completely different reason from most adult viewers.

There was nothing on the dio offensive if you don't think of it sexually. Guess Gregg has a dirty mind.

I wouldn't be alloud to join Harry,, my IQ only tested out to 127, , I'm barely past "idiot" on thier scale. :P:rolleyes:

BTW,, I'm trying to get some new pics for that little project taken this weekend,, I hope.

Maybe we could use you at our meetings as a bartender or something...as long as all mixed drinks are limited to 3 ingredients or less :D

Looking forward to the new pix. :lol: