Model Cars Magazine Forum

`Radicool` 64 Lowrider ! !

Lowlife ! !

Thanks for the comments guys !

Jim, that glitter paint is pretty thick to use in a decent airbrush, make sure you really shake it well so the glitter comes out even. I thinned it with future floor stuff I think.

I bought a cheap airbrush with a compressed air can just to spray this paint. It clogged up less than my usual airbrush and was easier to clean. 

Don't try sanding it after as it rips the flake out, just build up the clear coats and it should be fine !

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 5:08 AM, Lowlife ! ! said:

Thanks for the comments guys !

Jim, that glitter paint is pretty thick to use in a decent airbrush, make sure you really shake it well so the glitter comes out even. I thinned it with future floor stuff I think.

I bought a cheap airbrush with a compressed air can just to spray this paint. It clogged up less than my usual airbrush and was easier to clean. 

Don't try sanding it after as it rips the flake out, just build up the clear coats and it should be fine !

Good tips, thank you!!  I really need to find an airbrush that will shoot something with a larger flake like this, I’ve got a few projects where that would be useful 

Wicked cool, Martin! And I'm with you; if I'm looking for a stock version of a car, I prefer to just buy it in diecast (if available). I try to reserve my model building for the ability to try out new ideas, or to build a car otherwise not available. I saw a few of these lowrider creations at last year's SEMA, and the engraving was my favorite part. You haven't lived till you've seen an alternator done up like a piece of jewelry! :)