Model Cars Magazine Forum

Optimistic Sale - Wrecked 1996 Ford F250 Super Duty

Found this Ford buried head first in a local swamp. Seems to have some history with a few bullet holes and possible injuries to passengers but none were seen in the vicinity.

This is actually my first attempt at weathering and I'm reasonably happy with how it's turned out. Hoping it will fit on the back of my Kenworth.

Ford.jpg

Ford1.jpg

Ford2.jpg

Ford3.jpg

Ford4.jpg

Ford5.jpg

Ford6.jpg

Ford7.jpg

3 hours ago, alexis said:

Great Job for a first try, on the weathering!

A hint though. Those Bullet Holes look like they were made by a 40mm Anti-Tank gun. You might try a much smaller hole on the next one.

Other than that, Model On!

Yep haha. I realised that and wished I'd used a needle!!

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

And be aware of what materials your vehicle is constructed of when you are doing accident damage. For instance the grill is probably plastic that would have shattered rather than bent 

Thanks yeah. I did alot of research on this vehicle and there was a lot of bent grills rather than shattered so I presumed in 96 they used more alloy than plastic.

55 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

Cool!

16 minutes ago, espo said:

This looks like it was buried in a swamp. The Mud is about as realistic as I have seen. 

Cool thanks. I haven't actually opened my kits for around 10 years since having kids. Lockdown has given a lot of spare time!!

3 minutes ago, Rich Ghia said:

Cool thanks. I haven't actually opened my kits for around 10 years since having kids. Lockdown has given a lot of spare time!!

Keep it up. I really do like how you did this.