Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gold Firebird gold decals

Dose anyone make gold Firebird decals ?

I really like the Revell Smokey and the Bandit kit but the decals have the black between the pinstripes, I want to make one in metallic brown with gold pinstripes .

I’ve tried citing the black out of the decals but I just end up ruining the gold 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Cliff Dagger said:

Dose anyone make gold Firebird decals ?

I really like the Revell Smokey and the Bandit kit but the decals have the black between the pinstripes, I want to make one in metallic brown with gold pinstripes .

I’ve tried citing the black out of the decals but I just end up ruining the gold 

Thanks 

IF, you want to be correct with the bird, you need the gold/orange one Keith makes. I suspect he'd sell you the sheet with the pinstripes separate as they're on a separate sheet anyway. 

70s Firebird Gold Orange

The all gold bird is unique to the black S/E cars.  , , and the later version does have the black as on the kit decals. Early ones were clear in the black areas like Greg's pic shown in his post above.  BTW, all the hood birds of this design had black centers no matter what color they were. ,,, Except the later gold ones for the black S/E cars.

Edited by Can-Con

On 6/14/2020 at 9:53 PM, 64Comet404 said:

If you don’t have a kit already, the original issue of the Monogram Trans Am from 1978 came with the decals for the gold paint scheme. You may want to post in the Wanted section.

If you're looking for the one on the right, I have one extra. PM me if interested.

forsale-08.jpg

Rob