Model Cars Magazine Forum

New FIA Formula 1 World Champion! *spoiler alert*

Well, he should thank Timo Glock BIG TIME :angry: I was nervous as heck with Massa leading the whole race and winning but those last few laps with Vettel, probably my new favorite driver, did a heck of a job, and that pass for 5th was amazing and all they had to do was last the last corner but Glock decided to give the championship to Hamilton. Hey, that's racing but dang that was a good close race.

Congrats to Hamilton, he may be arrogant and pushy sometimes but being the youngest and from Britain, hey I got to give him credit, that boy can drive! The new Senna? no way. It might be Vettel next year if Felipe or Kimi don't get it.

Man all the greats, Senna, Damon, Stewart, Mansell, Surtees, Schumacher, etc. all the greats were named.

Edited by Nick F40

Well, he should thank Timo Glock BIG TIME :angry: I was nervous as heck with Massa leading the whole race and winning but those last few laps with Vettel, probably my new favorite driver, did a heck of a job, and that pass for 5th was amazing and all they had to do was last the last corner but Glock decided to give the championship to Hamilton. Hey, that's racing but dang that was a good close race.

Congrats to Hamilton, he may be arrogant and pushy sometimes but being the youngest and from Britain, hey I got to give him credit, that boy can drive! The new Senna? no way. It might be Vettel next year if Felipe or Kimi don't get it.

Man all the greats, Senna, Damon, Stewart, Mansell, Surtees, Schumacher, etc. all the greats were named.

I concur, it was probably the most exciting F1 season in a long time, perhaps ever.

Coming down to the corner of the last lap of the last race of the year the title was won by Hamilton by the skin of his teeth...

i didnt think the race was that good main players kinda playing it safe. ever the last lap wasent to good racing wise but i did get you going huh. then massa's dads face when he found out his son wasent champ. thats the quickest from happy to sad i have ever seen.

Hey Nick F40,

Need to make your topic in a way so it doesn't spoil the race. Put a spoiler alert in it. Not everyone has seen the race yet.

I saw the race. Decent race. One of the better races of the year. But unfortunately, I have almost lost all interest in Formula 1. All the stuff behind the scenes is starting to kill the series. I'll stick with sports car racing.

Hey Nick F40,

Need to make your topic in a way so it doesn't spoil the race. Put a spoiler alert in it. Not everyone has seen the race yet.

I saw the race. Decent race. One of the better races of the year. But unfortunately, I have almost lost all interest in Formula 1. All the stuff behind the scenes is starting to kill the series. I'll stick with sports car racing.

Ditto to all the above.

Happy for both Massa winning the race, happy for Hamilton to win the championship. I doubt I'll be watching F1 next year. Cutting Montreal from the season was the last straw.

Hey Nick F40,

Sorry guys, I didn't mean it, I forgot. :lol:

Yeah, I all of a sudden started to get into it, always love the racing but I might watch next year, but yeah, the Canadian Grand prix was good. Maybe, but yeah, I'll stick to sports car racing/rally. :lol: For cryin out loud Brenden look at my signature and avatar :P

Edited by Nick F40

It was an exciting race!!! I love how the rain is such a great wild card. Lil 'ol Minardi is starting to shine as STR. Maybe RoG will make us a nice little STR to build?

Congrats to Massa for the race win, and the Scuderia for the Constructor's Championship, and Hamilton for the Driver's Championship. I am already looking forward to next season. Rules in constant flux has always been the case for F1, so nothing new there. As for no Canadian Grand Prix, very disappointing, I can't believe Bernie is not going to bring his show to north america at all now. I'll watch anyways... Along with sports cars, touring cars, etc etc....

Cheers,

Greg

I love Formula One Racing, but God the cars are Ugly!!!

I heard that there will be changes next year...hopefully they will get rid of all those little winglets and extra body parts flying all o'er the place

Pretty much.

the new car is a long way away from the 08 car.

Larger front and rear wing.

Adjustable front wing from cockpit

Back to full slick tires.

More or less all the winglets al gone. Some prototype perspective sketches and the new car will probably look more like a stripped down 06 car with slicks.

It was an exciting race!!! I love how the rain is such a great wild card. Lil 'ol Minardi is starting to shine as STR. Maybe RoG will make us a nice little STR to build?

Congrats to Massa for the race win, and the Scuderia for the Constructor's Championship, and Hamilton for the Driver's Championship. I am already looking forward to next season. Rules in constant flux has always been the case for F1, so nothing new there. As for no Canadian Grand Prix, very disappointing, I can't believe Bernie is not going to bring his show to north america at all now. I'll watch anyways... Along with sports cars, touring cars, etc etc....

Cheers,

Greg

Somebody did make the STR car but I don't remember who.

As for the changing the rules, that's not that big a deal for me. What I don't like is that they're trying to push everyone to running the same motor. (The FIA is trying to make money on this.) What's going to start happening with F1 is that it's not going to be F1 anymore. It's going to be a spec series with the only difference is that the teams are going to be running different chassis. They already have the A1 GP which is not very good to begin with. And also the fact that they're not racing in the Americas. That tells me that they don't want me as a fan and if that's the way they want it, I won't watch. Just my opinion.

Somebody did make the STR car but I don't remember who.

As for the changing the rules, that's not that big a deal for me. What I don't like is that they're trying to push everyone to running the same motor. (The FIA is trying to make money on this.) What's going to start happening with F1 is that it's not going to be F1 anymore. It's going to be a spec series with the only difference is that the teams are going to be running different chassis. They already have the A1 GP which is not very good to begin with. And also the fact that they're not racing in the Americas. That tells me that they don't want me as a fan and if that's the way they want it, I won't watch. Just my opinion.

like Spec Miata? :blink::o:lol:

I do agreee with you and yes I hope that doesn't happen....I like the COMPETITION between makers, not like NASCAR.

Chris, I said this before but all I gots to say is, it's about time! Less aero, slicks, more racing, like it should be ;)

I want to build Vettel's car soooo bad ;) '

ehhhh Sports car racing, SCCA racing, Touring cars and rally, nothing better!

Edited by Nick F40