Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 489

Here is the solution . It is a 1967 Itamaraty Executivo (Portuguese Sorry). Itamaraty was build by Willys do Brazil. The Executivo was a extended version of the Itamaraty which was the luxury version of the Aero 2600. It was mainly used by the brazilian goverment. In 1967 Willys do Brazil was sold to Ford do Brazil. The Areo and the Itamaraty were sold in 1968 under  Ford brand

The correct answer were sent in by

Richard Bartrop

Junkman

Pete J.

GeeBee

Congratulations

Edited by carsntrucks4you

Ugh. I had no idea and less interest. Not my kind of car. What was it powered by?

I suspected the Ford connection because of the clumsy grille and the rectangular secondary lights that jar with the rest of the design.

I did spend a lot of time looking for this gem but to no avail...

Keep 'em coming, Mike!

I have to say, were it not for an incredible coincident I would not have found this one.  Haggerty Insurance has a great online news letter and Willys Aero was one of the topics in their latest edition.  Well one thing lead to another and bingo, there it was.  Not a particularly great amount of skill on my part. 

3 hours ago, Pete J. said:

I have to say, were it not for an incredible coincident I would not have found this one.  Haggerty Insurance has a great online news letter and Willys Aero was one of the topics in their latest edition.  Well one thing lead to another and bingo, there it was.  Not a particularly great amount of skill on my part. 

I’d rather be lucky than smart.

11 hours ago, DonW said:

Ugh. I had no idea and less interest. Not my kind of car. What was it powered by?

I suspected the Ford connection because of the clumsy grille and the rectangular secondary lights that jar with the rest of the design.

I did spend a lot of time looking for this gem but to no avail...

Keep 'em coming, Mike!

It is powered by a 3.0 l 6 cylinder engine.