Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1931 Ford Model A Sedan Street Rod

Phildaupho

50 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Hi Phil, another beautiful build. So many subtle changes that are incredibly well executed, and seamless looking. As many have said on this, and other threads, the builds with a personal connection and story are the best.

Hope to you soon, Steve

Thanks Steve - Could not agree more with - "the builds with a personal connection and story are the best". Presenting a model to someone who has a connection to the build is always a special moment.

Just might be the best build I have ever seen of this kit.  Getting all the panels on that multi-pieced body is a real challenge.  To get that sorted and then combine it with such an assortment of parts is a credit to your ability. Really, really nice, Phil.  I love it!

Cheers

Alan

Phil....was already impressed with your project, even more so once I saw your chassis pictures.  

Your parts list reflects my original preference for building models....search all kits and find the very best individual parts to combine for an accurate replica.  (Unfortunately, when I am doing projects for magazine articles, most readers prefer only a few kits be sourced, which inevitably causes compromises in the final product.) 

Your choice of subject was a classy hot rod, your parts list reflects a deep understanding of how hot rods are built, and your model is a compelling replica of the real thing.  Congrats!   TIM

Edited by tim boyd

3 hours ago, alan barton said:

Just might be the best build I have ever seen of this kit.  Getting all the panels on that multi-pieced body is a real challenge.  To get that sorted and then combine it with such an assortment of parts is a credit to your ability. Really, really nice, Phil.  I love it!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan - I was really pleased with how well and quickly it came together.

2 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Phil....was already impressed with your project, even more so once I saw your chassis pictures.  

Your parts list reflects my original preference for building models....search all kits and find the very best individual parts to combine for an accurate replica.  (Unfortunately, when I am doing projects for magazine articles, most readers prefer only a few kits be sourced, which inevitably causes compromises in the final product.) 

Your choice of subject was a classy hot rod, your parts list reflects a deep understanding of how hot rods are built, and your model is a compelling replica of the real thing.  Congrats!   TIM

Thanks Tim - I really appreciate your comments. I am always surprised when I can find the part I need but in many cases it is the last one I have of that particular part. Although I end up with a bunch of incomplete kits, most of them I would never get around to building anyways.

1 hour ago, Phildaupho said:

I am always surprised when I can find the part I need but in many cases it is the last one I have of that particular part. Although I end up with a bunch of incomplete kits, most of them I would never get around to building anyways.

Phil....isn't that the truth!  We need to remember that whenever we find that "one best part", no matter what happens to the rest of that (now) incomplete kit.   Great advice!  TIM