Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just A Square From Delaware

Like so many others I built models as a child and cars were always my favorite.  With no guidance, no magazines, no internet we just painted and glued as best we could.  I have fond memories of the process of building but not much recollection of the results which were sloppy at best.  Fast forward 60 years and now retired and almost 70 years old I've become hooked on building model cars again.  Over the course of the last decade I've built a half dozen or so models with varying results.  Slowly I've come to appreciate just how difficult it can be to produce some of the incredible artworks that participants in this forum produce.  My skills are slowly improving as is the stash of models waiting to be built.?  The addiction to build has ramped up considerably this past year, perhaps it's one good thing to come out of this global pandemic. After a career as an engineering technician in a physics lab I find the process of planning and building models sort of fills in a void created when I left work.  Let me be clear, I've no desire to return to the working world, retirement rocks!  While I stay active with hiking, kayaking, photography and learning to play piano I'm also able to find plenty of time to develop my model building skills and have found the information available in these forums to be valuable and inspiring.  Thank you ahead of time for any and all assistance I receive here and I hope to eventually reach a stage where I can make contributions and help others as well.

Andrew