Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blown Royce

:rolleyes: Hey, If you can AFFORD the car in the first place, you don't worry about piddly little things like Grey Poopon Mustard stains. You just REPLACE the whole interior.After all it does tend to get somewhat dusty. :P

actually the Silver Shadow, isn't that high priced. They never were, smae with all the older sports cars, they never were real expesive until the supercar wave came along. The older sports cars are still not getting the credit with auctions, Ferrari's bring some millions but that's because they are WORTH that and the buyers still drive them. But classics like this and others, become unnoticed, maybe bringing some coin but I really only see them in Classic Motorsports and such. I dunno, to me a 1960s Rolls Royce or Mercedes is more valuable then a plain jain 69 Mustang.

Now I like this Rolls, classic style sports car with a supercharged V8 gotta love it! Maybe can't do turns well but hey. They never did handle like a Lotus in the cornes anyway, this is probably lighter then stock.

Compared to what they cost new you can pick a good one of these up for around £5000! Complete with RR servicing might be a bit more. I have even seen a roadworthy but rough one for £2000. Now what can you get for that these days? an old Volvo estate or a decent Mondeo?

J

You want to buy my '83 Volvo wagon? With turbo carburetor conversion kit from Volvo. Right now I need to remove the transmission, and change the clutch fork. Fun job...... ;) NOOOT!!

Now what can you get for that these days? an old Volvo estate or a decent Mondeo?

J

:o

You want to buy my '83 Volvo wagon? With turbo carburetor conversion kit from Volvo. Right now I need to remove the transmission, and change the clutch fork. Fun job...... ;) NOOOT!!

I would...if I didn't live in the US :o