Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

From SoCal on the verge of retirement

Hello everyone, I have been building models since I was 6 years old. Mostly building military armor, some planes and ships. I started building model cars at 14 when my dad got his '71 Dodge Charger 500 Which he let me drive a couple of times and that got me hooked on MOPAR. Currently I am building 50's, 60's and 70's muscle cars factory stock from all manufacturers. I like to research the cars and the history surrounding them to get the build as accurate as I can even if it requires some scratch building or kit bashing. Looking forward to sharing in the experience of model car building.

Ric

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am currently working on Revell's '65 Chevelle SS 396 Z-16 (Not MOPAR, but it sure had muscle but no traction). The kit looks great, lots of potential, unfortunately the quality of the plastic is seriously lacking. It appears to be recycled plastic like some manufacturers are doing to cut cost. I would rather pay extra than have to deal with soft, flaky plastic.

• 1 month later...