Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nunu 2021

Good news!

Nunu 2021

Let nobody calm down and let's panic!!! Nunu has finally announced us everything that they have scheduled for this year, on top of what we already know. And what exactly is coming our way? Nothing less than the reedition of the Martini S4 and the official S1, the 935 Kremer K3 sponsored by Gozzy, the evolution of the Audi R8 of the 2019 season, the reedition of the Cruze and a new version of the M6. These are the "official" news, but off the record, NOTHING LESS than: in 1/12 scale the Lotus 99T and 1993 Suzuki RGV500, and in 1/24 scale the 1980 DRM winner BMW 320i E21, the Mazda RX-7 Le Mans 1981, the Peugeot 306 Maxi Evo2 and the Audi A4 BTCC. Wwwoooowww!!!

We still do not have exact dates, so everyone pay attention to the
SpotModel newsletter to be informed of what is coming. :)

I know that you have insider information because you work with the kit companies from previous posts. Have you thought of telling your insiders at  Beemax/NuNu that someone is breaking the rules by promoting secret product announcements James? I'm sure they would appreciate it. They should cut off distributors who don't play by the rules!

On 3/21/2021 at 1:00 PM, Ron Warner said:

I know that you have insider information because you work with the kit companies from previous posts. Have you thought of telling your insiders at  Beemax/NuNu that someone is breaking the rules by promoting secret product announcements James? I'm sure they would appreciate it. They should cut off distributors who don't play by the rules!

Good luck with that! Money talks and Spot model is one of the most well known euro online shops. Loose lips sink ships... 

Edited by Michael jones

On 3/20/2021 at 8:00 PM, Ron Warner said:

They're well aware of it, and BeemaNuNu isn't the only company they do it to, they're very well known for posting EVERYTHING that happens to be on a sales list regardless as to whether that information was for release, or the "inside baseball" information that wholesalers normally get in advance.

But like Michael said they're one of the largest EU vendors, especially for Motorsports and likely being "leaky" is offset in Pre-Orders than NuNu is more than happy to fulfill. Having seen a few behind the scenes email exchanges I'd have to say the opinion their customers have vs. the opinion their suppliers have is somewhat...different. 

No German Toy Fair this year, they don’t really advertise. 
Precisely targeted releases to customers that want it. That’s what Google and Fbook do. 
And now more target audience knows here. 
Manufacturer may complain, but pre-order numbers mean something. 
That said, pretty meh on the RX7. 

Unless it's been canceled again the German Toy Faire is in the summer. There is also (pending disasters) going to be an in-person 2 day Shizouka Hobby Show in May that I expect several of these items will/would have broken cover since they're conjoined to Platz now.

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Unless it's been canceled again the German Toy Faire is in the summer. There is also (pending disasters) going to be an in-person 2 day Shizouka Hobby Show in May that I expect several of these items will/would have broken cover since they're conjoined to Platz now.

The German one is still on the cards, although there seeing a rise in Covid cases, the organisers are working on the Shizuoka show right now.

20210321_120833.jpg

20210321_120830.jpg

20210321_120805.jpg

20210321_120838.jpg

16 hours ago, Michael jones said:

Good luck with that! Money talks and Spot model is one of the most well known euro online shops. Loose lips sink ships... 

Well if they hear from the well-known insiders they may not be for long. The hobby has no place for rule breakers!

Considering JP Olympics not allowing foreigners in, including families, new waves going in the EU, and the spring break mess here, I’m not putting long money on either show happening. 
Considering the vitriol about “insiders” here, recalled from another thread as well, it seems you want some punishment. For what end? What’s the point? 

5 hours ago, keyser said:

Considering JP Olympics not allowing foreigners in, including families, new waves going in the EU, and the spring break mess here, I’m not putting long money on either show happening. 
Considering the vitriol about “insiders” here, recalled from another thread as well, it seems you want some punishment. For what end? What’s the point? 

Shizouka is going to be a 2 day event that is closed to the public. It will be manufacturers and distributors only and those people from outside of Japan that represent foreign manufacturers who have met/will meet the quarantine protocols prior to the show. It will not have it's traditional Open to the Public weekend hours, nor will the traditional show/display from the various modeling clubs take place.

Edited by niteowl7710

12 hours ago, keyser said:

Cool, Thank you.  
You probably just spilled insider news omg. 

You know too much, people will be there shortly. Or I can read a press release, but you keep doing your snark if you think it serves you.

12 hours ago, stitchdup said:

The only one we didn't know about was the big lotus, all the rest were announced within the last couple of years at shizuka. I know the audi has been on my radar for a while now

The large scale Lotus, the large scale bike were under wraps. If you understand tooling sequences and have an imagination then you might have been able to figure the Evo 2 modified reissue of the Peugeot 306 Maxi and Evo (2019+) Audi R8 LMS GT3 were distinct possibilities, but neither of those were widely known outside of the aftermarket community who need advanced bodies to measure for P/E & Decal upgrades.

Edited by niteowl7710

1 hour ago, keyser said:

I was mocking another in this thread. Appreciate info. My humor is dark, as is soul. Lol. 

Really? You did such a poor job you confused others. Maybe mocking people isn't really what one should be attempting without the ability. Or, maybe mocking people really doesn't belong in the forum at all. Thanks for admitting to it, though. Your intent is now out there for all to see though, so you finally accomplished your goal after multiple tries. 

On 3/20/2021 at 7:00 PM, Ron Warner said:Have you thought of telling your insiders at  Beemax/NuNu that someone is breaking the rules by promoting secret product announcements James? I'm sure they would appreciate it. They should cut off distributors who don't play by the rules!

On 3/22/2021 at 6:47 PM, Ron Warner said:

Well if they hear from the well-known insiders they may not be for long. The hobby has no place for rule breakers!

Glad we have an erudite model news censor. Confused only about any of us caring. Sorry you’re bitter about whatever it is you’re trying to police. 

Hasagawa is co-marketing some I think, Volvo for sure. Is SC/RS based on Fujimi G body, or new tool?

2 hours ago, keyser said:

Hasagawa is co-marketing some I think, Volvo for sure. Is SC/RS based on Fujimi G body, or new tool?

Hasegawa doesn't have anything to do with any of the Beemax/NuNu projects. Hasegawa is the Japanese importer for Revell, and Italeri.

The SC/RS is a clean slate new tool. Fujimi's rally 911 is a '73 Carrera, the "84 SC/RS was a Group B machine that was supposed to be a stop gap until the 959 based "4x4" rally car was ready. Gr. B died before it was completed, although the 959 based car did run Paris to Dakar a few years. 

Edited by niteowl7710

28 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Hasegawa doesn't have anything to do with any of the Beemax/NuNu projects. Hasegawa is the Japanese importer for Revell, and Italeri.

I know the SC/RS is different. Fujimi rally is long hood car. I wondered if they were going to “borrow” part of tool. 3.0RS has similar flares and is short hood G body car. I guess that’s a no. 
I saw this awhile back hence my question. It was a weird co-market. Text farther down gives Hasegawa number on it. 
https://banzaihobby.com/Aoshima-4905083098257

A3FE0866-73E2-4488-AAB7-243222569B49.jpeg

Edited by keyser
Pic

3 hours ago, keyser said:

I know the SC/RS is different. Fujimi rally is long hood car. I wondered if they were going to “borrow” part of tool. 3.0RS has similar flares and is short hood G body car. I guess that’s a no. 
I saw this awhile back hence my question. It was a weird co-market. Text farther down gives Hasegawa number on it. 
https://banzaihobby.com/Aoshima-4905083098257

That is indeed a no. Actually when the 911 was announced there was a minor raft of complaints from people who didn't realize the rally body was different than the street car and/or Gr. 4/5 Touring Car. Many whines of incorrect rockers and flares. But the SC/RS was a purpose built amalgamation of parts that doesn't exactly match any other 911 of that period.

As for the Volvo, someone at Banzai mistyped an input incorrectly. The number shown in the link itself actually, as well as in the listing is an Aoshima SKU.