Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Lamborghini Miura P400SV

e30lover

One of the most beautiful cars ever made.  I see you're quite a serious builder.

What's your body painting preferences? Based on your photo's I'd say a base of Mr Surfacer 1200 primer, some sort of lacquer airbrushed on with Tamiya medium grit compound between coats and a final coat of Mr Hobby gloss, finished with Tamiya polishing compound. 

On 4/8/2021 at 7:10 AM, doorsovdoon said:

Outstanding build, perfect in every way!

Thank you!

On 4/12/2021 at 2:24 PM, Bodnarus said:

One of the most beautiful cars ever made.  I see you're quite a serious builder.

What's your body painting preferences? Based on your photo's I'd say a base of Mr Surfacer 1200 primer, some sort of lacquer airbrushed on with Tamiya medium grit compound between coats and a final coat of Mr Hobby gloss, finished with Tamiya polishing compound. 

Thanks. The build process is in my original post - I'd say Mr surfacer 1200 is pretty much the same as Tamiya grey surfacer, and compounds in between coats don't yield much because even the course tamiya compound is not strong enough to properly flatten the orange peel - so I always hit with 2000 or 3000 grit before hitting it with compounds.

10 hours ago, e30lover said:

Thank you!

Thanks. The build process is in my original post - I'd say Mr surfacer 1200 is pretty much the same as Tamiya grey surfacer, and compounds in between coats don't yield much because even the course tamiya compound is not strong enough to properly flatten the orange peel - so I always hit with 2000 or 3000 grit before hitting it with compounds.

A 2K-3K sand before the polishing compound; the oldest tricks are often still the best. 

What a knockout! Your execution on this model is first rate all around. After seeing your work on this I predict a lot of people will be wanting to build their own copy of this kit. Me included! I’ll have to see if I can find one. Thanks for sharing some of your build details as well.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, Smitty said:

What a knockout! Your execution on this model is first rate all around. After seeing your work on this I predict a lot of people will be wanting to build their own copy of this kit. Me included! I’ll have to see if I can find one. Thanks for sharing some of your build details as well.

Thank you! It's a great kit that doesn't need ton of work to make it look good. It's a recent re-release so they're available for cheap price as well.

On 4/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, Dave Darby said:

Nice, but where's the model?  😉 Seriously though, super nice job on both the build and the photography. Miuras are my favorite Lambos, and you did this one proud.  

Thank you! My new macro lens helped getting some good pics! 

On 4/16/2021 at 12:13 PM, TransAmMike said:

Impeccable (and yet another adjective to describe it)!!!!!!!!!!  Wow, I agree with Dave above. Great work as are all your builds Chang😎👍👍

Thank you very much!