Model Cars Magazine Forum

History of Revell Venice's Fox Body Mustangs

1 hour ago, lordairgtar said:

I do want to know if the Capri version had the rear window in the convex style instead of just hanging the Mustang window back there?

The Capri kit had the Mustang rear window, but IIRC, the Convex window was not introduced ubntil the 1983 model year. 

1 hour ago, 64Comet404 said:

The Capri kit had the Mustang rear window, but IIRC, the Convex window was not introduced ubntil the 1983 model year. 

That's correct. The Capri had the 'Mustang' hatch from 1979-82. 1983-86, the Capri gained the 'Bubble' hatch.

These kits are also horrid in that they did try to combine the Mustang and Capri into one kit, having both the blister fenders of the Capri and the wheel lips of the Mustangs (Capris did not have the wheel lips like the Mustang). However, it did inspire me to build a 1:1 MustPri with the flared fenders added to the Capri blisters.

3 hours ago, MarvinGardens said:

These kits are also horrid in that they did try to combine the Mustang and Capri into one kit, having both the blister fenders of the Capri and the wheel lips of the Mustangs (Capris did not have the wheel lips like the Mustang).

Yeah, but where else can you get a fox body Capri?

I stockpiled a few of those for some rep-stock conversions someday. But first I have to figure out how to reduce those Mustang flares.