Model Cars Magazine Forum

rodger dodger custom challenger

michelle

here is my  1/25th scale replica of the hot wheels car  rodger dodger   which was a custom dodge challenger   this is based on the 1970-2014 version of the tooling they  retooled it in 2015  and changed the way the  engine and pipes  look and are layed out   now the pipes come  out  from under the  car infront of the doors and behind the  wheel well openings in the front quarter panels they also shrunk the size of the  engine  in hight  
i  did mine in  hot wheels highway 35 world race video game  livery  in  the game this car is driven by  scorchers driver wayne casper  and replaced the licened  car he drove in the movie the game is based on  which was the 1999 dodge charger concept 
i used my lindberg 72 challenger  to make this   which means i have to find another  one  
i built this model  a few months ago  and had to wiat till i got the logos for it  which i got late last month  at the same time i got the logos  for my other other highway 35 world race and acceleracers cars i built and am planing on  building 

IMG_2242.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG

IMG_2246.JPG

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2244.JPG

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2248.JPG

13 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

One of my favorite Hot Wheels cars. I had the one called "Dixie Challenger". Probably wouldn't be PC nowadays. 

If that's the Lindberg kit, I want one. The proportions look real good!

thanks it is the lindberg  kit  the only 72 challenger kit that was avialible and priced well till they seemed to jhave discontinued it 
i to have a dixie challenger though the baseplate has 70 challenger  embossed on it  instead of dixie challenger but the packaging  still says it  mine is dark metallic blue with black and silver flames  i made a model replica of that also  but reveresed the colors did the body in gloss black and blue flames 

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

One of my favorite Hot Wheels cars. I had the one called "Dixie Challenger". Probably wouldn't be PC nowadays. 

Same here, Rodger Dodger is one of those that just looks "right." I also had the Dixie Challenger, though one of my favorite decos is when they used it in their Cop Rods series.

unnamed.jpg.b8348fed7f17d8e6fe1005d95d0cb141.jpg

Nice to see it in 1/24, I'm hoping to try one myself some day.

38 minutes ago, spencer1984 said:

Same here, Rodger Dodger is one of those that just looks "right." I also had the Dixie Challenger, though one of my favorite decos is when they used it in their Cop Rods series.

unnamed.jpg.b8348fed7f17d8e6fe1005d95d0cb141.jpg

Nice to see it in 1/24, I'm hoping to try one myself some day.

thank you 

35 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

Fun stuff! Love the red you used on this. May I ask what paint that is?

thank you  it is rust-oleum 2x ultra cover gloss apple red

8 minutes ago, olschoolkid said:

Nice job on this build. I always liked the Rodger Dodger hot wheels car as a kid. You made an excellent replica. 

thank you