Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Chopper Build Off

Hey Guys; just wanted to share progress on my chopper....I am trying something a bit different...mastering the tank and seat in clay; it's much easier to work than bondo; and should translate all of the compound curves quite well, and save a bit of time....have a look.......matt

RMCHOPPER006.jpg

RMCHOPPER005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I started off with the Crusader chopper and after lots of cutting and fabrication, I came up with this. Paint is Testors Plum Crazy and the graphics are from 2 crusader kits that I spliced together. The seat is real leather that I dyed with a sharpie. Other cool features are the rear fender "fangs" and the air intake scoop.

IMG_2079-vi.jpg

IMG_2078-vi.jpg

IMG_2076-vi.jpg

Once again I started off with the Crusader chopper and after lots of cutting and fabrication, I came up with this. Paint is Testors Plum Crazy and the graphics are from 2 crusader kits that I spliced together. The seat is real leather that I dyed with a sharpie. Other cool features are the rear fender "fangs" and the air intake scoop.

IMG_2079-vi.jpg

IMG_2078-vi.jpg

IMG_2076-vi.jpg

Sorry for the French, but this is the Sh%&@#% I love to see!!!!!!

Sorry, blame it on the early times

Ben,

Jairus & Gregg proposed a "build-off" with a deadline of NNL West (2/3). Since the chopper kits only came out last summer, I included any chopper build that was posted in any of the forums since then. Nothing too official here.

I saw your Aces Wild post from August, but the three images were broken, at least on my PC. Please repost so we can add them to the album.

I'm not sure whether I should post a vote on the bikes that have been posted but I'm gonna anyway.

My first choice, hands down, is the purple jobbie submitted by Zoli. This has to be one of the best bikes to ever "roll down the turnpike" Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!

Runner -up has to be the sbmission by Lyle Willlits for his "Sun Chaser".

A special mention should be made of the entry of Rick Forrester. The bike is nothing short of fabulous and probably would win in any other contest. He should be complimented on his presentation. The background of the photo just grabbed my attention.

Bob :shock:

Bob, you're a braver man than I! :lol:

There are so many nice bikes in that album, I was thinking when I was loading them up, "We are lucky we're not voting."

I'll throw some obscure category winners out there though (purely my own opinion, your's will certainly differ).

Most Brutish-Looking: Fuelish Spectator (I really like the "attitude" vibe this one puts off)

Truest to Tradition: Lyle Willits' "Blue By U" (whitewalls, baby!)

Coolest in its Minimalism: Craig Stansfield's "Simplicity" (dig those dual headlights too!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I've enjoyed looking at everybody's choppers. There's some fantastic workmanship here, with lots of creativity. I've built one so far, and they're lots of fun. Definitely will build more. This first one is built out of the box from the Aces Wild kit. I sanded off the Ace of Spade emblem on the seat and applied my own iron cross decal.

This is my first time posting so hope these pics load ok.

MyModels015h-vi.jpg

MyModels006c-vi.jpg

MyModels001a-vi.jpg

MyModels019k-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zebm1

Who'd a thunk it, certainly not me. Prismatic Maple....Iz what this room needs.....a woman's touch. :mrgreen:

Very, very nice Shannon....luv tha color! :D

Zeb