Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Honda Odyssey buggy from Ridge Runner set

This is the Honda Odyssey buggy from the Revell Ridge Runner set. It built up very nice. I don't particularly like the color, but I do like how it came out. 

The plan is to put this in a diorama with a 1978 Bronco. 

I hope that revell will release this again because it was really fun to build. 

The tires were surprisingly the trickiest. they are plastic molded with the rim. The wheels were split in half that you glue. I had to trim the middle where it glues but nothing bad. The paint is valejo black grey and the coated witg tamiya dull clear. The paint is tamiya orange. 

Once I put the diorama together, i will dirty up the tires a bit

20210607_141830.jpg

20210607_141814.jpg

20210607_141756.jpg

16230904387432434221582104419757.jpg

Edited by youpey

your build is really nice. i dont typically alter my kits from the box, but i like the stuff you did.

i was actually thinking of removing the rollbar completely, but i might add onto it. i also fixed the steering wheel. i hadnt realized i had it on upside down. it seems i have the exhaust in silver, but it should be black. im not sure i will fix that on this one  thought. i already glued in the rollbar, and i would need to take it out, and the engine to properly change the color. 

I wouldn't change the color of your engine, it looks fine to me. I added the roll bar to make it look like the one I remember riding, I think it was a mid 80s model. The earlier ones looked like yours with the roll bar just around the rear.

998dd973bd90a909bcb272a4a2e7c393.jpg

1980_buffalo-ny.jpg