Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Guy on the Block

Hey guys,

Long time model builder, have been building models since I was a kid, took a long time off from the hobby, cars, girls, marriage, life, kids all made me forget how much I loved getting lost in a box of styrene.

Fast forward to November of last year and my son asked for a model to build together for Christmas. I ventured to our local hobby shop and was amazed at how much the hobby had changed for the better. More than one kit came home with me that day and I have dove head first back in to my passion.

I have finished 5 builds since then with work always in progress. I have taken up airbrushing and 3d printing, working on some 3d designing and am about to jump in to some resin casting and aluminum parts.

I build things with tires and engines, mostly all cars and motorcycles, every now and again a plane or ship might be on the bench. Cars come natural to me as I'm an auto tech by trade, kinda eclectic in my car tastes, love old muscle and JDM style builds.

Lots of great builds and knowledge here, eager to build some friendships here, hopefully we see a lot more of each other in the near future. Thanks for reading and for having me here. Will post some pics of my builds soon

34 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Welcome Josh!

Build to a level you are comfortable with. This is supposed to be fun!

Thanks Tom, this is always fun, I never forget why I build models. Love your avatar, I'm a Mopar tech of 30 years.

• Like 1