Model Cars Magazine Forum

Black Tri Stars - ATTACK! (Super Deformed MS-05B Zaku I)

The Black Tri Stars are a trio of ace mobile suit pilots who fought for the Principality of Zeon. According to https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Tri-Stars:

"Gaia, Ortega and Mash first met in May, U.C. 0076, when the Zeon space forces began secretly practicing combat maneuvers in preparation for the upcoming war. The three were all assigned to the Mobile Training Battalion D Company, 2nd Platoon, and quickly became good friends. When the war began in January, U.C. 0079, the trio participated in the attack on Side 5, piloting customized MS-05 Zaku I painted in dark blue."

Thanks for looking!

JPEG image 5.jpeg

JPEG image 6.jpeg

Edited by super_average_gunpla
added tags
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, peteski said:

I like it!  Cool light effects too!

Thanks! The LEDs on the back packs flicker in-sync to add a subtle propulsion like effect. All the LEDs were routed internally and exit through the stands (3mm plastic tube). Provides a clean look; total headache to build lol.

10 hours ago, Sandboarder said:

Awesome display and set up!! I’m a big of the UC 0079 series. Awesome job with the SD Zaku 1 conversion and taking the effort to clean up the power pipes on the legs.

As Pete said the LEDs are a sweet touch 👍

Thank you! It boggles my mind that Bandai would sell a Zaku 5 conversion kit that retained the power pipes on the legs! I couldn't let this stand lol.

3 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Very cool trio, great job on all the customization.

Much appreciated; thanks!

JPEG image 2.jpeg

6 hours ago, super_average_gunpla said:

Thanks! The LEDs on the back packs flicker in-sync to add a subtle propulsion like effect. All the LEDs were routed internally and exit through the stands (3mm plastic tube). Provides a clean look; total headache to build lol.

Nice!  That must look quite good when viewed in-person.

• 3 weeks later...