Model Cars Magazine Forum

I wish I could go back in time and buy a dozen of these kits. This a replica of the one I owned back in the early 80's .Although it was a 71 Fargo, it is pretty close but for the grille. I used it as a winter drive while my summer ride was in storage. Mine was never this clean though but it never failed me. Drove it up to 320000 miles without any major repairs. It had a modest 318 but this engine would simply not die. To me at least, no other van looks this nice. I simply like the styling, it looks just right. Of course this my biased and subjective opinion but I suspect I am not alone. Too bad the molds no longer exist for this version year.

dodge van 77 01.jpg

dodge van 77 05.jpg

dodge van 77 06.jpg

dodge van 77 07.jpg

dodge van 77 08.jpg

• Like 1

Nice B-Van !  I have the recent-issue of the 1982 B-Van  ( Turtle Wax  edition  ) and I can't wait to dig in on it . 

The body was changed / updated for the 1978 restylling ( vertical tail lamps , primarily ; grille is purely cosmetic ) .  I prefer the 1971 - 1977 tail lamps , and the earlier grilles , but am not adverse to the 1982 appearance . 

How awesome would it be if Round2 were to backdate the old MPC B-Van to its 1971 - 1977 guise !

• Like 1

Totally with you on that John, The 82 is fine but like you I prefer the 71-77 type. I know some casters have the grilles available but I can't remember who but it would take some doing for the tail lights. Since they change the molds and tooling to do the 80's I doubt that they would invest to back date it if at all possible. Ah well I guess we should be glad they re pop it . I will probably get the turtle wax iteration though.

Ditto with both you guys. This looks awesome! '71-77('78 too) Dodges are the best-looking vans ever made in my opinion.

I also have the '82. (Bad Company) It's interesting that they updated every other exterior detail to match the 1:1 '79+ models, (moving the side doors forward, reworking the frontend, cowl, hood etc.) but the lower trim and bodyline is unchanged from the '71-77,78 mold.

Cool!  I had a 1978 Sportsman window van.  And I have every version of the Dodge vans done in kits.   It's interesting that MPC changed details on the van kit every year, including things like the roof stamping detail.  A few years ago I went through my Dodge van junkyard looking for a body to cut up, and realized that each and every one I had was different!

• Like 1