Model Cars Magazine Forum

Posted (edited)

Wet sanded and polished the body, then painted the bonnet stripes using a Lazy Modeller paint mask and painted the side door window frames. Also got the grill detailed.

qeZRDRt.jpg

mV4NMoY.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 6

Hiya Luke !

Great to see you still knocking out some beautiful builds ,  and your getting colourful did you finally run out of black paint !!   😆

Love the lilac lowrider you built, glad you can still pick up pegagsus wire wheels too, i cant find them anywhere !

All the Best mate !

Hey Martin,

Thanks for dropping by mate. 

😄 Still have a nice stock pile of TS-14 Black.

I finally found a base coat, clear coat system I can get consistent results with. So yeah builds will have different colours now.

I still get the Pegasus wire wheels from Model Round Up , currency conversion and shipping is ridiculous, but its a price you have to pay for sourcing a specific product.

• 1 month later...

Current build is a very special one for me. A kit I have been wishing for many years.

JqL0t5w.jpg

Its my holy grail Australian car as I owned one 30 years ago and its the inspiration for this build.

28SxWZC.jpg

8bO79Aq.jpg

Luck was also on my side as an Australian hobby paint supplier Outlaw Paints had a near on match colour.

nZSU1US.jpg

s19FYZ4.jpg

nWzoUsU.jpg

hJDS8C2.jpg

• Like 5

Been enjoying looking at your builds and the Aussie subjects. The level of detailing and paint finishes have all been outstanding. Have often wished some of the later Holden vehicles could have been purchased here. In 2005 I bought what was sold here as a Pontiac GTO. This would have been a Holden Manero there. The car had the 6 liter, 400 hp LS2 engine with a 6 - speed manual Transmisson with fully independent suspension. The interior was on a par with the highest end cars sold here and the fit and finish throughout the car was as well. Truly hated to have to sell it, but as one advances in age agility required to get in and out of some cars becomes an issue, and so I now drive a Dodge Charger. When I was a young man there used to be a bumper sticker that said, "Stamp out low performance drivers - not high-performance cars". I still agree with that sentiment.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments Bob and David.

Decided to start another LJ Torana while im waiting for the clear to fully harden on the other.

My idea for this build is how I would have liked to have done up my 1:1.

Wont be much different, just a stance adjustment with some alloy wheels, smoothed engine bay and triple weber carbs.

RNELd0q.jpg

9HMewWs.jpg

kMPKSrZ.jpg

• Like 5

On 4/6/2024 at 11:33 AM, Cool Hand said:

Finished building the XW Ford Falcon GT.

So much enjoyment getting to build Australian cars, and im so happy with the end result.

IaDgTi8.jpg

emPcQD4.jpg

iZgePoV.jpg

fxtWEN6.jpg

GqYQHeo.jpg

K5cqqnx.jpg

GVQnFJa.jpg

F5mNntg.jpg

lALSp35.jpg

V4y9NIT.jpg

Wow, this looks really sharp. Can I ask is the chrome trim Alcad chrome or Bare metal Foil? Cheers from Nova Scotia...

15 hours ago, SpikeSchumacher said:

Beautifully done, Luke!

Thanks Mathias.

14 hours ago, Zippi said:

Sweet looking Luke.  Daddy like.

ha ha, cheers Bob

5 hours ago, Kenmojr said:

Wow, this looks really sharp. Can I ask is the chrome trim Alcad chrome or Bare metal Foil? Cheers from Nova Scotia...

Thank you, all the window trim and trim on the trunk/boot is Bare Metal Foil, everything else is Alclad chrome.

I always pre scribe window trim at the body prep stage. Its a tedious time consuming task. But makes it so much easier to trim the foil and get much cleaner edges.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 1