Model Cars Magazine Forum

1956 Vicky

Lovefordgalaxie

Just started this one. 

Finished yesterday a replica of my solid black '56 Ford, and I'm in the 1956 theme I guess.

I have a doubt about the color.

Wanted to do something Christine like, with a white roof, and red body. Went to my Ford books, and this color combo was not available on Fairlanes...

Fairlanes could be single tone, and Style Tone two tone, but not the simple two tone. 

Soooo I'm thinking on a Meadowmist Green and Colonial white car. 

Not decided on color yet. 

Started the build by deepening the shoot line on the trunk, ans adding the separation lines on the cowl, and lower front fenders.

Ford 56 001.JPG

Ford 56 002.JPG

Ford 56 003.JPG

Ford 56 004.JPG

Ford 56 005.JPG

I say, if you want a red and white car, build a red and white car! Do it YOUR way. Let's say you were a young man around the year 1971, and you bought a used '56 Ford that needed a repaint. Wouldn't you have had it painted red and white?! Model THAT car. Maybe you'd even add a few performance goodies under the hood, or some after-market wheels...😉

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

I say, if you want a red and white car, build a red and white car! Do it YOUR way. Let's say you were a young man around the year 1971, and you bought a used '56 Ford that needed a repaint. Wouldn't you have had it painted red and white?! Model THAT car. Maybe you'd even add a few performance goodies under the hood, or some after-market wheels...😉

That's the fun of being a factory stock builder. You have to research the car and obey what the factory would do or not. I want to build a replica of a car on the dealer showroom. 

But wait, I already have a kit to build a pretty fast hot rod from. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...