Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bj and the bear Conversion

Well, with the exception of a second black stripe and the door decal, I think this one came out pretty good. Started out as the Tyrone Malone hideout truck. 2" sectioned from the frame, a fifth wheel and mud flaps from the spare parts box and lots of studying. I had to make some of the intake and exhaust piping to match this engine. The engine was swapped from the Detroit to the Cummins, as, according to what I can find, that's what the show truck had in it. As soon as I can find a source, I'll have the right door decals made for it. 

PXL_20220428_011410109~2.jpg

PXL_20220428_011344051.jpg

PXL_20220428_011306677.jpg

Edited by throttlejockey
Autocorrect error
  • Like 2

Well, with the exception of a second black stripe and the door decal, I think this one came out pretty good. Started out as the Tyrone Malone hideout truck. 2" sectioned from the frame, a fifth wheel and mud flaps from the spare parts box and lots of studying. I had to make some of the intake and exhaust piping to match this engine. The engine was swapped from the Detroit to the Cummins, as, according to what I can find, that's what the show truck had in it. As soon as I can find a source, I'll have the right food decals made for it. 

PXL_20220428_011410109~2.jpg

PXL_20220428_011344051.jpg

PXL_20220428_011306677.jpg

PXL_20220428_011242439.jpg

Edited by throttlejockey

On 4/30/2022 at 7:34 AM, tim boyd said:

A.T.....that is one cool looking truck!  

Question (very much showing my lack of knowledge on this subject), where did you get the characteristic KW cabover black striping?  Looks just like I remember the real ones...

TIM

Those are leftovers from the white freightliner SD/DD kit from Amt. I just got lucky that they were fairly close to what I was needing

On 5/1/2022 at 6:25 PM, throttlejockey said:

Those are leftovers from the white freightliner SD/DD kit from Amt. I just got lucky that they were fairly close to what I was needing

That's a great tip! I have that kit and planned on building it as a Consolidated Freightways set up.

Now I know what to do with the extra decals!

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:47 PM, Saltie Olds said:

I’ve been thinking about what that truck would be like as a W900.

There are pics of long nose rigs in the same paint scheme. I can't think of the style graphics these are called atm...

15 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Thanks for sharing AT. It’s interesting that they show the colors on the wheels but not the frames. I like the Gettysburg. 

I know from my time driving that MOST frames were generally black. Some came out in other colors as specified by the customer. And sometimes, if the manufacturer just had it laying around, that's what they would use. One company I drove for had white trucks with red frames. (A mix of volvos, freightliners and a few macks)