Model Cars Magazine Forum

Viper GTS from AMT....

JollySipper

The AMT wheels are too small in diameter resulting in a thicker side wall on the tire. AMT has standardized their WHEEL diameters. The AMT Viper tires are unique to this kit. Revell has often done a better job capturing proper wheel diameters on their kits.

• Like 1

This is all really good info, guys! One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the RT/10 (roadster) and the GTS (coupe) had different wheels....... The wheels in Jim's post are for the roadster. Though I'm sure that AMT used the same tires in both Viper kits........

I've been able to source a set of racing wheels for this, they should be here in a day or two....

Thanks for the interest in my build, fellas!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Those Revell wheels / tires look like the hot ticket to me. As far as the tread depth goes......if I had a Viper that's exactly what the tread depth would be. lol 

Great build so far TJ.

As I mentioned, the tire tread is a secondary issue. My big gripe is the rear wheels looking the same as the front ones (no deep offset).  That bugs me.