Model Cars Magazine Forum

My grilles will work on the deserter but not on the body style between 1973-1980. Those are up coming in the near future. I have started to model the GMC versions for this body style (81-87 and the "RV" version between 88-91). This is 1981-1982 GMC so far.image.png.f493f008095b2f60602a28bd2879a145.png

81xROcc7mCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

On 10/30/2022 at 10:04 PM, catpack68 said:

How about printing the 1980 Chevy/GMC truck grills? A one year design that would work for MPC Deserter truck kit too.

2B5823F0-ABBD-4DB6-8B02-A383FC03A18E.jpeg

8B5E0B5A-F7DD-4FBE-B0D2-5976009D5AF5.jpeg

C149E3B5-3B48-455B-BB75-7198388A9941.jpeg

My grill will work on the Deserter but not the body style you posted. That is 73-80. I have not modeled that version yet but it is on my list because I personally need a 1975 GMC.

• 2 weeks later...

So like a kid at Christmas, I have been watching Wylde develop these grilles and parts with much anticipation. I placed an order through George Bojaciuk here and boy are these parts nice! Crisp, clean and printed in white resin. I have to get busy building up the squarebodies! George's prices are the same as Wylde's website and his shipping was FAST! I see that Wylde is now developing 73-80 grilles so another order will be put together soon.

Awesome product and great service from both Wylde and George!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

So like a kid at Christmas, I have been watching Wylde develop these grilles and parts with much anticipation. I placed an order through George Bojaciuk here and boy are these parts nice! Crisp, clean and printed in white resin. I have to get busy building up the squarebodies! George's prices are the same as Wylde's website and his shipping was FAST! I see that Wylde is now developing 73-80 grilles so another order will be put together soon.

Awesome product and great service from both Wylde and George!

they are ready 1973-1978 1/24 scale, just notice a tiny issue I need to correct but otherwise ready to roll.

I have this style available in 1/25 but those kits are rare so if you have the Revell Street Truck kit, the 1/25 will fit that. Also from 1973-1978. I have not yet completed the 1979-1980 version. Recently got a lot of images from a fellow Modeler in Montreal, his son has an actual 1980 truck with the rectangular headlights.

image.png.62db973138f368499789d4a8cead3fae.png

• Like 4

Wylde is on fire! Lol!

Thanks for the very kind words! Prices are the same as Wylde but the shipping is US shipping, about half of Canadian.
If you ask why? …I like helping a very talented guy bring great product to US modelers. I found it a pleasure dealing with him on the projects I did and am doing!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Wylde is on fire! Lol!

Thanks for the very kind words! Prices are the same as Wylde but the shipping is US shipping, about half of Canadian.
If you ask why? …I like helping a very talented guy bring great product to US modelers. I found it a pleasure dealing with him on the projects I did and am doing!

How do we order through you? Just PMing you?

• 1 year later...

Wylde!

I am looking at your selection of square body items on http://wylde.ca/canuck3d.html , as I want to make models of my brother's 1976 GMC and my dad's 1981 Chevy ½ton. They are difficult to find some parts for since GMC changed grilles every couple of years and the Chevy is the 'plain jane' version with only 2 headlights versus the 4 of the more common (in scale form) Silverado. The biggest hurdle I am encountering right now is where to and HOW to order. The items I am interested in are listed below. 

CD3-073 $10

1975/1976 GMC grille (1/25)

CD3-055 $10

1981/1982 single headlight Chevy grille (1/25) (Without tailgate trim)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. 

--Doug Kemp 

On 3/12/2024 at 1:38 AM, Douglasskemp said:

Wylde!

I am looking at your selection of square body items on http://wylde.ca/canuck3d.html , as I want to make models of my brother's 1976 GMC and my dad's 1981 Chevy ½ton. They are difficult to find some parts for since GMC changed grilles every couple of years and the Chevy is the 'plain jane' version with only 2 headlights versus the 4 of the more common (in scale form) Silverado. The biggest hurdle I am encountering right now is where to and HOW to order. The items I am interested in are listed below. 

CD3-073 $10

1975/1976 GMC grille (1/25)

CD3-055 $10

1981/1982 single headlight Chevy grille (1/25) (Without tailgate trim)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. 

--Doug Kemp 

I have recently updated my website and it went live again today. www.canuck3d.com but I can help you. First are you in the USA? If yes, contact George Bojaciuk in a private message and he can set you up. I know he has stock on both of these items. if you are in Canada, contact me in a private message. Thanks W.

Oh all 76's to my knowledge only had single headlights. They did not start putting quad lights until 1981 on. I purposely made the CK versions and base Sierra for exactly the fact that you can't buy a kit with that grille.

• 1 month later...