Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge D100 Pickup: 4 year project Completed

On 9/8/2022 at 7:58 AM, David G. said:

Everything about this build is amazing, museum quality even!

There's just too much good stuff going on to really comment on any of it. It's well worth every second of the four years you invested.

David G.

Thanks David !

I myself sometimes have a hard time remembering everything I did on this model but the 4 years went by so fast that it's hard to realize now that the project is completed.

I can't wait to see what people think when it's shown in real life at future exhibitions, it's hard to do justice to all the details with a camera !

First test in October !!! 😊

Francis

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Francis,

Very happy for you that you have finished this masterpiece,  but very sad that the journey has ended.  Always went to your build thread to become inspired!!!   You really show with your builds what is possible in scale model building if you have patience and enormous amounts of skill!!!!

Look forward to your next project Sir.

Randy

HI!

As projected, on oct. 16th, Francis won the first place in "competition" class at the Québec model show (Exposition amicale de modèles réduits). The showgoers and fellow modelers were in awe of the detailing and execution on the model. It should be featured in a well known publication in the coming months. 

Bravo to Francis! Keep them coming, my friend. Such quality is good for the soul of the fellow model lovers!

CT 

On 10/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Randy D said:

Hello Francis,

Very happy for you that you have finished this masterpiece,  but very sad that the journey has ended.  Always went to your build thread to become inspired!!!   You really show with your builds what is possible in scale model building if you have patience and enormous amounts of skill!!!!

Look forward to your next project Sir.

Randy

Thanks for your kind comments Randy.

You are certainly a great source of inspiration and I have learned a lot from your incredible skills and by analyzing with admiration each of your project updates.

There will be a new project starting in a few weeks and I hope to have the honor of your visit from time to time.

Thank you for sharing your incomparable talent with all of us Sir.

Francis

On 10/12/2022 at 12:07 AM, majel said:

This is truly a model building masterpiece Francis!  Your skills in design, fabricating, and construction are incredible.  This truck is like a fine piece of jewelry, amazing job.

Thanks Jim,

It was a very long and difficult project for sure and I was told from the start that it was a very ambitious project.

I am very happy to have completed it and I appreciate all the nice comments I received along the way and still today.

See you soon with a new adventure,

Francis

On 10/12/2022 at 8:32 AM, Horrorshow said:

Wow. One of the best models I have ever seen. Great work and just as important in my opinion, great imagination!

Thanks David,

It takes a lot of dedication and time to create the model you imagine, but we can do amazing things when we don't give up.

This forum is a great place where you can always find someone to give you the energy you need to keep going!

Francis

On 10/12/2022 at 10:01 AM, Gary Chastain said:

Outstanding build, the detail is top notch. Ya got some serious skills

Thanks Gary!

I especially have a lot of equipment and preferences for unusual subjects so that must be part of the equation?

I still have to prove to myself that I can do as well next time!

Francis

On 10/17/2022 at 7:52 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

HI!

As projected, on oct. 16th, Francis won the first place in "competition" class at the Québec model show (Exposition amicale de modèles réduits). The showgoers and fellow modelers were in awe of the detailing and execution on the model. It should be featured in a well known publication in the coming months. 

Bravo to Francis! Keep them coming, my friend. Such quality is good for the soul of the fellow model lovers!

CT 

Thank you for the good publicity Claude !

However, you forgot to mention that you yourself have won many awards, including the "Best Mopar" award ! 😉

I will try to do better next time knowing the talent of my partner because talent, you have a lot my friend!

See you soon if my work schedule allows me...

Francis

hi francis,i kept looking in the wrong place.the pictures are great.somany very true comments . your truck is just another goal for me to try and meet. your work inspires me to try harder everyday. i love to go back thru all your pictures.i can't wait to see what you do next,very excited,charlie

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, charlie libby said:

hi francis,i kept looking in the wrong place.the pictures are great.somany very true comments . your truck is just another goal for me to try and meet. your work inspires me to try harder everyday. i love to go back thru all your pictures.i can't wait to see what you do next,very excited,charlie

Thanks Charlie, you are an incredibly talented machinist and builder, your own projects are a great motivator for me!

I'll be back soon with another project, November is usually a good time of year to get back to my favorite hobby. 😊

Francis

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 6:48 AM, Dutzie said:

Excellent work Francis! All accolades are very well deserved. Congratulations on the model contest. Your work never fails to impress.  

Thanks Brian!

The awards are great to receive, but the feedback and support from my peers is priceless.  It's time to move on to a new project, I miss the action or interaction I must say!

Francis