Model Cars Magazine Forum

New glitch: editing text on older threads removes photos from post

Just what it says.

Twice I've tried to edit or add new text to older threads, and the photos in the post I'm editing disappear.

Not all the photos in the thread, just in the particular post.

In the thread below, all the photos in the first post disappeared when I corrected two text typos earlier today.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but if I go down that thread, and left-click on Ace's photo, still visible in one of his posts (which BTW, is hosted on Photobucket), I get an error like this:

502 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront wasn't able to resolve the origin domain name. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: 13lAIGY_dYunS3UzIPhhZimrGeRRYpO0kSvZnvLR3MY6qyHwPudfaw==

The URL of the 502 error is: https://s1019.photobucket.com/user/fastoldcarz/media/Jag XK 120 for Bonneville/DSCN0256_zpsyapet6pv.jpg.html

1 hour ago, Dave Ambrose said:

I'll bet this is Photobucket being antisocial again. 

All my other PB-hosted (paid account) photos work just fine, usually.

The only ones that disappeared were in posts I edited on this forum.

How can a text-edit on this site trigger a deletion on this site of the web addresses of a buncha PB-hosted pictures?  (They're all still on PB, by the way, and someday I might, just might, get around to replacing them here.)

I'm so confused.   ;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY
  • Haha 1